Commerce - different offer combinations / usecases

Enrico Falk

Hello,

i have tried to search the forum in order to find answers to my questions, but didn't found any useful stuff, so i think it's better to write a new topic and explain all of my needs (Excuse, if everything would have been easily found in the forum. I couldn't find it)

I have already purchased the forum and want to sell several things that are related to certain the forum areas on one hand (subscription) and are only based on the "type" (group) of members on the other hand. These are the offers, that i want to sell:

1. First, there is offered a subscription for Non-Members. No other subscription / offer should be seen here for Non-Members.
    When someone purchases this subscription, he should get the following
    1. becoming a registered user (a member) in the community (automatically - eMail with username, pw, etc. should be send automatically)
    2. becoming a member of group A (no time limit)
    3. becoming a member of group B (limited time: 3 month)
      1. before the subscription ends, there should be an automatic reminder to renew subscription.
      2. When the subscription of being a member of group B ends, the customer should still stay as a member of group A
    4. getting an invoice
    5. getting a customized eMail with further instructions and information regarding the purchased subscription
    6. I should get a notification about the purchse
  2. Either on the Front Page or on a different page, there should be offers for logged in members as follows:
    1. Members of group A and B
      1. Renewal of the subscription to group B (3 month), which was part of the first subscription as described above.
      2. It doesn't matter if the customer is still a member of group B or just a member of group A. The new subscription time and group assignement should be treated automatically in the right way.
      3. Non members are not allowed to purchase this subscription
      4. After the purchase an invoice and a customized eMail für further instructions should be send to the customer/member
      5. I should get a notification about the purchse
    2. Members of group A
      1. Can buy a certain product
      2. If someone of group B tries to buy this offer, he/she should get a customized notification/error message and the purchase will be rejected.
        1. In best case, members of group B don't see this offer
      3. After a legal purchase, an automatic invoice and customized eMail with further instruction is sent to the customer
      4. Non members are not allowed to purchase this offer
      5. I should get a notification about the purchse
    3. Members of group B
      1. Can buy a certain product
      2. If someone group A tries to buy this offer, he/she should get a customized notification and the purchase will be rejected.
        1. In best case, members of group A don't see this offer
      3. After a legal purchase, there should be a notification, that the order has to be checked manually against other constraints, before it can be finally processed.
        1. If everything is ok, the order will be accepted and processed -> An invoice and a cutomized eMail with further instructions is generated and sent to the customer
        2. If it's not ok, the order is rejected - a cutomized eMail with further instructions is generated and sent to the customer
      4. Non members are not allowed to purchase this offer
      5. I should get a notification that i have to check the constraints and accept or reject the purchase.

In the future, there will be more groups and more possible combinations, but the described above fit my current needs.

Can the Commerce App handle these usecases?

thanks and best regards,

Enrico

Archived