Auto Follow Content

I upgraded from using the version that was created as a plugin to the latest application version. Will the settings and auto follow preferences carry over and will members continue to be auto subscribed or have I lost everything? Also would be helpful to know which database tables contain the settings and preferences for this application.

On another note does this app work when adding members via the admin? We have a closed forum and we add users manually so self registration is disabled.

Thanks

Edited by heartfelt-creations
6 minutes ago, heartfelt-creations said:

I upgraded from using the version that was created as a plugin to the latest application version. Will the settings and auto follow preferences carry over and will members continue to be auto subscribed or have I lost everything? 

No, it required a manual action from you as stated in the upgrade notice: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/424007-auto-follow-content/?do=findComment&comment=2720033

7 minutes ago, heartfelt-creations said:

Also would be helpful to know which database tables contain the settings and preferences for this application.

Settings are stored in the settings table: core_sys_conf_settings. Conf_key is “afc_”, IIRC.

13 minutes ago, heartfelt-creations said:

On another note does this app work when adding members via the admin? 

Yes. 

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

No, it required a manual action from you as stated in the upgrade notice: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/424007-auto-follow-content/?do=findComment&comment=2720033

Settings are stored in the settings table: core_sys_conf_settings. Conf_key is “afc_”, IIRC.

Yes. 

Great thanks. I understand updating the settings manually but what about existing members that were auto following content will that be lost?

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Hey @Adriano Faria...thanks for another great app!  Looks promising, except that no Blogs or Clubs show up in my drop-down menu.  I'm also wondering why Blogs and Clubs are both included under the Blogs tab...?

Clubs hasn’t categories. Apps does. So Clubs appears under each app tab. 

Blogs doesn’t has categories, so...

Regarding LMS, have no idea. Need to check. But LMS is a bit different than the rest. Modules are nodes of the main node (course).

16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Clubs hasn’t categories. Apps does. So Clubs appears under each app tab. 

Blogs doesn’t has categories, so...

Regarding LMS, have no idea. Need to check. But LMS is a bit different than the rest. Modules are nodes of the main node (course).

Ok...so can you give me some direction as to how I would configure things so that new members automatically follow, say, a Site News & Information Blog since there are no Blog categories (yet??!)?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...