Jump to content

Issue with utf8 converter


Recommended Posts

Hello all,

In hope of migrate my IPB 3.4, I want convert my database (actually in latin1) in utf-8.

For that, I have used the utf8convert tool. But I have a problem.

Conversion works fine, but when I replace the suffixe and I add $INFO['sql_charset'] = 'utf8'; in my conf file, I have a blank page...

Have you ever had this problem?

If I don't add this parameter, I have this : 


Your settings could not be read by IP.Board. This is a fatal error and IP.Board cannot function while this issue persists.

This issue is generally caused by changing your character set in the ACP to one that does not support data stored in the rest of your settings, or by restoring a database backup/completing a server transfer and importing your database tables using the wrong character set or collation. You should contact IPS Technical Supportfor further assistance.

Many thanks for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...