RECIPROCAL IGNORE FEATURE

Harald Zink

Very welcome would be a RECIPROCAL IGNORE function - thus if you place someone on ignore, not only can you no longer see anything from them, BUT THEY CAN NO LONGER SEE ANYTHING FROM YOU - this would include any threads you start, and thus effectively would prevent them from posting in any of your threads, in the future. This also means NOT displaying the "here's something you ignored" message in threads.

Granted, a comparative thread about the ignore feature is over 5 years old, and nothing even close to what was requested was ever implemented, so I'm not holding my breath on it coming from Invision. 

​How about if someone developed a plugin that would implement that?

One of my members is requesting something similar. It's not so much that he wants to ignore others, it's that he doesn't want certain users seeing his posts. At the moment the only way this is possible is if they have him on ignore.

Is there any way a function can be added where users can block certain people from seeing their threads/posts?

These discussions keep dialing me back further to the Friends concept which used to be an option. "Follow" is supposed to be about notifications not really governing the relationship between two members, which was more of what the "Friends" feature is about. I agree with you that there should be various features so that users can control followers aka "stalkers." The devil is in the details, as the follow system is becoming increasingly complex regarding permissions surrounding privacy controls. If Friends is no longer an option then I'd want some global permissions levels that I can have set for users, e.g. no follow unless approved by the member being followed. It's a lot easier by having Friends but these options seem to be needed if it's not going to include a positive association driven by users to create these two way trust relationships with an affirmative action.

Archived