F5 takes down any IPB Site?

​Its configured ;)

But the F5 is so fast, that it does not triger it. I actually can rate limit http requests using Nginx instead. But a single page can make many requests, and in the end, the page gets slower.

​I rate limited to 4 r/s for PHP, i would love to have 2, but under 4 will be blocked (when using ajax search, it sends bunch of requests like a ddos in ACP)

Also got 6 cores * 3.7 GHz, goes down if its fairly large but not one person lol oh and upgraded to 2gb ram but still half isnt used lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have a solution to this thing?

How can we prevent flooding by F5? It also drops my server. How can we prevent or stop the flood by clicking f5?

thanks,

​If you are using Apache, install mod_limitipconn and set the maximum number of connections per IP.

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry, but that´s just due to poor setup of your MySQL/Whatever SQL Server you use and due to bad nginx/apache configs.

It is a shame how many people use the standard configs.

IPB is and will always be ressourcehungry, due to the fact that most stuff needs to be fetched from the db. You may need to consider setting up your server good enough to make sure that you save some of those ressources.

Does anyone have a solution to this thing?

How can we prevent flooding by F5? It also drops my server. How can we prevent or stop the flood by clicking f5?

thanks,

If using nginx, it should be a simple matter of 

limit_conn limit_per_ip 32;

in the vhost definition.  Adjust the number to suit you.

Archived