Increase post incrementation

leonardrosa

I don't know if this already exists or even if it's possible, but I would like to increase the post incrementation of certain groups. I mean, if someone who is in this group post one message, it's gonna count as two posts on the total number of messages.

You are going to run into problems, for instance when you do a rebuild and recount it will reset this to the amount of posts that the users actually has. I personally don't see a need for something like this, you must have a reason for requiring this but I don't think it's feasible (happen to be proven wrong though).

Sure that's possible with a data hook on post submit, and can be done quite easily actually...

But like craigf136 said, a recount would nullify the 'added' posts that don't exist.

I'm sure you have a reason, but you might consider rewarding your members with something else instead of falsifying their post count.

Actually I thought about it because they really care about the number of posts.

I was planning to do this modification and use with the VIP mod. This way, the VIP members could increase the number of their posts faster than regular members and I am sure they would buy it and support my forum :tongue:

Archived