Download: Compact

Brian Garcia

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Compact
File Submitter: .Brian
File Submitted: 02 Feb 2012
File Updated: 19 Feb 2012
File Category: Light Skins

Compact is a light and simple skin for IP.Board 3.2.3 . It reduces un-needed items on the board index such as forum markers and avatars. Compact focuses on content making it easier to navigate and read what is important. The topic view includes a darker background that is easier on the eyes. The skin has larger text and reduced white space.

The skin is compatible with all apps, you will just need to include the apps images into the skin folder like you usually would.

Header comes with the .psd. I will also take free requests to change the header text.

*THIS SKIN IS NOT SUPPORTED BY IPS, INC.*

Click here to download this file

Please don't take this as an attack, I am merely seeking clarification to better understand the work that you have put into this skin...

From the description, I don't see how editing the default skin justifies the price tag. My knowledge of HTML and CSS is mainly limited to search/replace, trial & error, but I could make the modifications listed in the description to any of the skins on our board.

How is Compact a value to customers?

Please don't take this as an attack, I am merely seeking clarification to better understand the work that you have put into this skin...

How is Compact a value to customers?

Just because you know some HTML and CSS doesn't mean that everyone could accomplish this. I have worked with very large boards and I have gathered some things that I learned for this skin. It's not only the 'default' skin, I did take time stripping out unnecessary elements.

I would say my price tag is very understandable. I have clients who pay hundreds of dollars for a basic clean layout. They aren't looking for bulky layouts, they want to focus on content.

This was my goal for the skin was to make it easy on the eyes, remove bloat such as bordered boxes, and make it more about content. I apologize if you feel that my skin does not justify the price tag, but different owners have different perspectives.

Just because you know some HTML and CSS doesn't mean that everyone could accomplish this. I have worked with very large boards and I have gathered some things that I learned for this skin. It's not only the 'default' skin, I did take time stripping out unnecessary elements.

I would say my price tag is very understandable. I have clients who pay hundreds of dollars for a basic clean layout. They aren't looking for bulky layouts, they want to focus on content.

This was my goal for the skin was to make it easy on the eyes, remove bloat such as bordered boxes, and make it more about content. I apologize if you feel that my skin does not justify the price tag, but different owners have different perspectives.

As I mentioned above, my questions were not intended as an attack, I was merely seeking clarification. The point I was making is that I do not know HTML/CSS. :)

I don't believe the fact you stripped out unnecessary CSS elements was noted in your description, and it may be a selling point.
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived