Download: Bouncy Mail

AnthonyKinson

In the example that I showed, all email accounts are/were created through Bouncy mail for my board, I would assume that outside the "box" emails should have no problem. But if you want to send an email to a number of users on say a mail list, the way Bcc works now, none of the users on "your" site that are placed into the Bcc: line, would receive the email (sheesh I sure hope that makes sense)

ahh right yeah i get ya, i'll try the test again when i get chance but use Bouncy Mail accounts.
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beta 2 will have the admin modules included, user settings and some bug fixes.

Anthony It might be a good idea to add some setup instructions for a few of the different hosting setups. In particular I'm having issues setting up on a centOS machine with plesk and qmail.

I've tried looking for manual instructions for setting up Piping using qmail but to be honest I don't really know what it is I'm looking for.

Anthony It might be a good idea to add some setup instructions for a few of the different hosting setups. In particular I'm having issues setting up on a centOS machine with plesk and qmail.

I've tried looking for manual instructions for setting up Piping using qmail but to be honest I don't really know what it is I'm looking for.

yeah i'll be updating the install instructions with working methods that people provide me with. I can only test on what i've got but as and when people find working methods i'll be sure to include them.

Also there is going to be a POP3 method for thoose who have problems with the PIPE method, while POP3 will be a universal solution, it does have some disadvantages.

i fixed it, i did but i guess did not go well the chmod but how about this

in ACP when click lick in My Apps it opens main ACP

settings/search link in mail dont work it opens for me the board index

How to hide the tab for members? members can make account and i dont want normal members can see the tab

Edit: I noticed the script mess up the login layout

%7Boption%7D

149plk8.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="965" height="750">

Also with the standard skin

Here's a layout issue for you Anthony - http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-22683-login-screen-layout-issue/

sorted in next release ;)

Hello,

I become this message :

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/develop/public_html/post_office.php

Hello,

I become this message :

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/develop/public_html/post_office.php

Have a look through the first few pages in this topic about changing your hashbang and setting up the pipe for different control panels.

Just fixed some bugs...

BUG: Registration CSS Effecting login page.
BUG: Timestamp not saving with usage stats when created by the system (fixes usage chart bug too)
BUG: Group permission to use Bouncy Mail Fixed
BUG: Group permission to view source Fixed
BUG: Group permission to download attachments Fixed
BUG: Allow 1 e-mail every X minutes permission fixed
BUG: emptying inbox or none destructive mailboxes (move to recycle bin action) is not looping and finishes after the first batch of processed email
NEW: Mailbox Options to delete all read / flagged / unflagged
NEW: Report as spam lists senders IP Address as an option, some spam blocking is unreliable as they use fake email addresses in the header

more soon.

Maybe its just me but I've tried every method, I can't get past the screen on BM that states "Bouncy Mail is not ready to except registrations at the moment. Please check back again shortly to register an e-mail address with us and to take advantage of all the benefits Bouncy Mail has to offer." Did I miss some instruction, somewhere?

P.S. This is "installed" on a test board.

Maybe its just me but I've tried every method, I can't get past the screen on BM that states "Bouncy Mail is not ready to except registrations at the moment. Please check back again shortly to register an e-mail address with us and to take advantage of all the benefits Bouncy Mail has to offer." Did I miss some instruction, somewhere?

P.S. This is "installed" on a test board.

In the registration settings, in the available domains block, you must put in the domain that you are using for Bouncy Mail

example: yourdomain.com

This must be either the domain you are hosting the application on, or a sub-domain on the same server

In the registration settings, in the available domains block, you must put in the domain that you are using for Bouncy Mail

example: yourdomain.com

This must be either the domain you are hosting the application on, or a sub-domain on the same server

I'm dumb, thanks!

Actually, I can send but I can't receive anything with the Bouncy Mail...just trying to figure out how to get it to receive as well.

Your webhost maybe able to provide you with the correct hashbang to use at the top of post_office.php if your having problems with that, dont forget to set the correct permissions on the post_office.php file aswell.

Also, you need to ensure the PIPE is setup correctly, this may also be something your host can help you with.

If not, what control panel are you using for your hosting (if any)
can you manage unrouted mail from your control panel
do you use a custom php.ini file on yoru account or do you use the servers global php.ini file.

I have Cpanel, I'm a hostgator reseller, using this on my development board. I did account level filtering not sure if that was good or not, it works fine for outgoing, but incoming mail not so much. Don't have access to the default address in CPanel. I'd assume the custom since I used ezconfig php.ini in the cpanel. I don't know what your referring to with unrouted mail, can you explain?

I have Cpanel, I'm a hostgator reseller, using this on my development board. I did account level filtering not sure if that was good or not, it works fine for outgoing, but incoming mail not so much. Don't have access to the default address in CPanel. I'd assume the custom since I used ezconfig php.ini in the cpanel. I don't know what your referring to with unrouted mail, can you explain?

unrouted mail is what the "default address" option does, basicly allows for you to route any emails going to none-exsistant email addresses to an "catch-all" account or ppe it to a program. if you have a reseller you should be able to switch it on in the features list for accounts in WHM.

As for the php.ini if its not stored local on the websites FTP chances are yoru using a global one, try some of the example hashbangs i provided at the start of this topic.

Anthony I think you also have a CSS issue within user profiles.

where abouts?

Okay, after reading through two pages, I've got a few questions I haven't seemed to see here.

I've installed it and done everything to par as per the instructions. I try to click the Bouncy Mail in the My Apps section....and nothing happens. It pretty much just refreshes the home dashboard for the admin cp. Once I try to access it on the homepage, it says "We're sorry. Bouncy Mail isn't accepting registrations."

What's up with those? I would totally love to use this app.

Okay, after reading through two pages, I've got a few questions I haven't seemed to see here.

I've installed it and done everything to par as per the instructions. I try to click the Bouncy Mail in the My Apps section....and nothing happens. It pretty much just refreshes the home dashboard for the admin cp. Once I try to access it on the homepage, it says "We're sorry. Bouncy Mail isn't accepting registrations."

What's up with those? I would totally love to use this app.

The settings are under the System Settings -> Bouncy Mail

Archived