Fit like a Glove

dev_ipb

One feature that IPB needs is some kind of install that integrates the forum into joomla and the skin in joomla, Kunena does this well which is a board add on for joomla and IPB should really do something similar.

Having to pay for a Joomla skin, then again having to pay an IPB coder to code the same exact skin is really a waste of time and money, if IPB had a simple integration method (not just account integration) We would not need to double code or double pay.

The problems I have run into having or trying to have some code a skin (even when I had permission from the author) was that the IPB coder did not want to re-code the skin or template to IPB or port it because of concerns about the original author (did I mention I received permission from the original author of the joomla template?)

Besides having to have a coder re-skin the forum, I want to keep the skin the same (forum skin). I just want to cut a hole in the design and put the forum in the joomla site.

An integration method would be great, there is already a forum that does this but I want to stick with IPB because of the features it has and the quality of software.

Why would IPS support third-party products that weren't coded by them? They already made a little thing called IP.Converage that acts as a bridge to multiple non-IPS products. I don't see why they would support others products any further.....

That's like saying "IPB should make a script so that an IPB forum can talk to a vB forum and you can run the same board on both IPB and vB platforms."

It'd be pointless and a waste of IPS' time.

Why would IPS support third-party products that weren't coded by them? They already made a little thing called IP.Converage that acts as a bridge to multiple non-IPS products. I don't see why they would support others products any further.....

That's like saying "IPB should make a script so that an IPB forum can talk to a vB forum and you can run the same board on both IPB and vB platforms."

Bot extending your product beyond just "its core" is Not pointless, allowing your product to grow and seemlessley integrate with other system would boost your products usage and compete with other growing forum apps.

I disagree.

It would bring in potential client

Archived