Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

Currently you can only change the images in the template bits, but if you want it to be a feature that could be possible, currently though these images are hosted by imageshack.

as for the first question, no way to that right now unless you know the mod inside out.... this maybe changed for stable release though.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently you can only change the images in the template bits, but if you want it to be a feature that could be possible, currently though these images are hosted by imageshack.

as for the first question, no way to that right now unless you know the mod inside out.... this maybe changed for stable release though.

Sorry for being a retard, can you tell me which template bits please? I assume I can go in there and just change the image URL?

Why are you using imageshack links for images? Why not just include it with the images in /public/style_images/master/iArcade?

I had a quick look at the templates as well, they could do with some touching up, and you might also want to change all links to use the {parse url=""} structure as well.

Why are you using imageshack links for images? Why not just include it with the images in /public/style_images/master/iArcade? It will be like this for stable release

I had a quick look at the templates as well, they could do with some touching up, and you might also want to change all links to use the {parse url=""} structure as well. Yeah I know they do.

thanks Collin1000 :D

in my famesocial.com it says "[color="#FF0000"][#2] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.[/color]"

how to fix this ?

how to install game i mean from where i get .tar game

Either ensure your logged in, or in the ACP settings for iArcade check that you have the permissions setup for your group.

You can download v2 games from www.ibpdownloads.com and then you can use the .TAR game importer from within the ACP in the iArcade settings.

I have some bad news to share with you all:

My Acer Laptop has (AGAIN!) had a serious issue, and will require being sent back for repair.
The good news is that after the last time, I have learned to use Mozy Backup, so there will be no major file loss.
The bad news is that I will be without my main dev computer for about 2 weeks.

Although I do not expect this to slow down support via the IPS forums, it may impact my ability to do bug fixes right now.

I apologise for this issue, and will keep everyone uptodate.

Acer laptops are very faeces, I have an Acer Tower, had it for about 6 years and not had a problem, but my mum had had a Acer notebook and packed in with 2 weeks.

Collin, you should really be developing on a macbook pro. :)

Its not like I have a cheap Acer. Its one of their highest end models, really nice, and has great specs.
The hardware is just faeces though. I had mine for just over a year when the LCD suddenly stopped working. Sent it in for repair, got it back. Now, 98 days later, LCD is busted again.

The best part: They gave me a 90 day warrenty on the repair. Yup. Missed it by 8 days.

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3952833
http://www.buy.com/prod/acer-aspire-6920-6422-laptop-intel-centrino-duo-core-2-duo-t9300-2/q/loc/101/207994444.html

^Thats mine, although mine was only $1,200 when I bought it because I got Vista Home Premium instead of Ultimate.

For you mac-fanboys: Dont attack me for this, but I will never own an Apple product. I dont use iTunes, dont have an iPod, and will never use a Mac. :P
I've used dells all my life (10+ computers with them) and the one time I buy a non-dell, it turns into a giant useless crap computer. It is what it is.... Waiting for Windows 7 to become more stable and new summer models to come out to buy a new laptop. *sigh*

I should warn you: Acer is the worst computer company EVER.

Totally agree with you on that bit about acer. Acer is also part of Gateway and emachines. We had acer for a while in the office where I work and they did not last more then 2 years, every one of them has had issues and had to be repaired at one time or another. we are slowly replacing them as they die with HP which we do not have any issues with.

I have an Apple, 2 computers I built my self, an acer (with issues) and an hp. The 2 I built have no issues, the HP has no issues but the acer I have which I got used does have issues. Oh I also have a sony laptop, which is the best computer I own most expensive too.

Oh and I mainly use linux not windows but my acer machine does have windows vista on it.

Totally agree with you on that bit about acer. Acer is also part of Gateway and emachines. We had acer for a while in the office where I work and they did not last more then 2 years, every one of them has had issues and had to be repaired at one time or another. we are slowly replacing them as they die with HP which we do not have any issues with.

I have an Apple, 2 computers I built my self, an acer (with issues) and an hp. The 2 I built have no issues, the HP has no issues but the acer I have which I got used does have issues. Oh I also have a sony laptop, which is the best computer I own most expensive too.

Oh and I mainly use linux not windows but my acer machine does have windows vista on it.

I learned last time when I sent my Acer in that they are part of eMachiences and Gateway... Pretty sure those two companies are both ranked #1 and #2 on the "Most Repair Needed" ratings. I have always known those were the worst companies out there. :/

My main issue right now is that Im not quite ready for Windows 7 yet, and it still is cheaper to pay for REPAIR than buy a new one.
I should also add, their "repair" is horrible. I sent my laptop back to have the LCD replaced, and they swapped out the hard drive. Totally unrelated to the issue at hand! >_<

I have the arcade installed and the arcade link shows in the first page of my board. When I click on the arced link this is what I get:

[#2] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Not sure if Collin will kill me for this, but hey, the iArcade Official Support Community is now up and running, go check it out. http://iarcademod.com/community/index.php so please sign up, see you all there soon :D

Looks good.
Should we join now or wait?

I learned last time when I sent my Acer in that they are part of eMachiences and Gateway... Pretty sure those two companies are both ranked #1 and #2 on the "Most Repair Needed" ratings. I have always known those were the worst companies out there. :/

http://www.gateway.com/about/news_info/fact_sheet.php Oh and go to emachines site and there is a link to gatway.com.

Oh also dell and alienware are the same company.

Yes, Acer is terrible. I've had the best luck with Asus hardware (and a MacBook, but that's an Asus too, technically).

Windows 7 is already way stable too. Been using it since it went RTM on MSDN.

yep and windows 7's nick name is windows vista fixed. :)
I like my HP and sony the best. My Mac is very old, it has 128mb of ram and has mac os 9 on it. I got it used for 25 usd.

Any way going to join the new iarcade site.

Archived