Different accounts with the same email address

dev_ipb

I would like to see the option or the ability to have several IPB accounts while just using one email address.

I develop sites and sell them and like using IPB as the forum software, however I don't want to tie all the licenses to one account since you would have to sell the whole account instead of a license individually.

This would allow me to manage and re-sell accounts (with sites) a lot simpler and easy to manage, making these the easy way of selling turn key solution sites.

How would the system know who you are when you login? Your login credential for the client area is your email address :P

You could always use Gmail, and use dot modifiers. The system would think a.bc@gmail.com is different from ab.c@gmail.com; but all email would come to the same source. I'm not sure if IPS would fancy having one customer with a bunch of accounts, however.

[quote name='Jaggi' date='29 October 2009 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1256819024' post='1873037']
no it would totally break the way the system works involving login credentials.

I can see your dilema though but can't see an easy way of solving unless ips change their system to sell off individual licences under one account.

Thanks, I just want to drop some feedback maybe IPB folks will take it into consideration for future offerings. :)

Archived