Download: iAbout ULTRA

Andy Rixon

File Name: iAbout ULTRA
File Submitter: Andy Rixon
File Submitted: 03 Jul 2009
File Updated: 03 Mar 2011
File Category: Applications

iAbout ULTRA v3.1.3 is a compatible version for IP.Board 3, this version includes new features and new design.

Allow your members to view a about us page, you can add your own content, what ever you want... it can be easily changed in the boards AdminCP.

Language Packages

Click here to download this file

[*]Itallian Language Pack

• 6 months later...

Thanks for letting us use this wonderful application for free :)

I'm wondering can we add more tabs for ,iAbout pages ?

I may need 2 or 3 extra tabs for giving informatin about my site ;)

It'll be great if we can add content to extra tabs from my apps screen. But if it's so hard, i can add content to extra tabs from templates screen with html codes by manuel.

Thanks.

When I click on the Administrators tab I get a data base error:

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again. You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Has this been fixed yet to allow BBcode? I know in you previous version you said you were going to fix that issue for the next.

There appears to be an error with the database.

[quote name='Kadim Dostlar' date='03 April 2010 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1270300148' post='1936494']
Thanks for letting us use this wonderful application for free :)

I'm wondering can we add more tabs for ,iAbout pages ?

I may need 2 or 3 extra tabs for giving informatin about my site ;)

It'll be great if we can add content to extra tabs from my apps screen. But if it's so hard, i can add content to extra tabs from templates screen with html codes by manuel.

Thanks.

This can only be done manually, and would be difficult as the code will need to be alered big time.

[quote name='ToeJam' date='06 April 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1270510873' post='1937659']
When I click on the Administrators tab I get a data base error:

Has this been fixed yet to allow BBcode? I know in you previous version you said you were going to fix that issue for the next.

Have you upgraded from another version, if so, please read Step 3 in the Upgrading.html file that came with the download package.

For some reason BBcode only works within the Administrators tab.

Sorry, but I would not allow anyone making edits to my code, if you wish, I could do this, but I will charge a small fee of £5 GBP via PayPal which I think is faily reasonable.

PM me fore more information.

(If you wish to pay via credit/debit card, this can be arranged sepperatly to PayPal)

• 2 weeks later...

nice app but uhm andy you will or may hate me for this :rolleyes:

to make the bbcode work you need to edit 2 files and change html bbcode to 1 insteed of 0

but andy listen he when they dowload your app/addon they may make some change to fit what they want BUT they may not change or remove the copyright code or resell it but they may change everthing else

regards JamNet

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Andy Rixon' date='26 April 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1272236897' post='1945028']
I don't allow any changes to any of the code, and if they do, they are violating my terms.

okay i can understand that

but
[quote name='Andy Rixon']
For some reason BBcode only works within the Administrators tab.

what i found was a fix for it to work with in the Iabout tab on the front end of the app
and well its not 2 files but only 1
a small fix to get the html/bbcode to work

still a nice app looking forward for the ipb 3.1 version

regards JamNet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Chris Ticehurst' date='28 June 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1277741449' post='1978920']
Even if part of your mod doesn't work?

Yes, unless they want to PM with details on how to fix it (specially bbcode fixes) so i can do the fix and then release a fix.

It is strange for a coder to go abit crazy about someone trying to help by changing their code. Is it a Ego thing or what? My suggesttion is to fix the bbcode issue ASAP - it's terrible to see such a basic thing done wrong. Another idea is maybe including a Hall of Fame tab for special members.

And....how do you add information about the Admins? I haven't seen anything to change it.

AdminCP -> My Apps -> iAbout ULTRA -> Admin Bios (on lefthand side).

Its not an Ego thing.... but ok, to please everyone, BBcode is a weakness for me, and always have been... so if someone would like to edit my code (should only need to change aboutus.php file in modules_public folder) to fix the BBcode issue, go a head and fix it and PM me the edited file. (If a template bit edit is needed, include instructions for that).

I do appreciate the help, and the main reasons is that I have not had time to look into the bbcode issue much.

Thank you.

• 5 months later...

A very nice mod, Andy but I too would like to know how to add text to the Admin area.

Also, the admin folder appears, at least in part, to be hard-coded into the mod. I get a missing graphic in the News section because it references /admin when my admin folder has been renamed.

=:~)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

iAbout ULTRA 3.1.3 has now been released!

We are happy to announce that iAbout ULTRA 3.1.3 has now been released, we advise you to update as soon as you can.

Release Notes
This release does not include any new features, this release is to only incorporate certian changes that is happening around the company.

Archived