Hasty release

Sysop9001

Hi,
I really like the new design of the IPB 3, in the past I'm not an IPB fan, but my choice has fallen on vB for reasons of which now I don't want to discuss (The past is past), but now I was really impressed by this new form that has introduced IPB and I don't see comparison with the present and the new vB core... this make me a decision to switch ASAP to IPB 3 from my owned vB (but also to the policy that is taking vB) ... so anyway I think that you were too hurried to release this new and splendid version of IPB 3 because it seems yet in BETA STAGE and not a true Final release...
users feedback and board admins (BIG AND SMALL BOARDS)they do understand.

This is the main reason why I haven't yet done my purchase, so definitely going to Invision Power Company as a preferred Board Company...

I am also sorry to say this because I was a fan of vB for many years, but I think many will make my own choice, then why when your prices are much more competitive.

Another very important factor about IPB and all IPS would be to not make the same mistakes of rivals trading, does not snob other languages as well, as other nations do you earn your money by buying your software, in order to be truly among the best we need an international team which coordinates the translation in as many languages as possible and include them as official.

Thanks,
Antonio

• Management

IPB3 was in beta testing for months and we have already released version 3.0.1 maintenance release. It certainly was not hasty :)

IPB3 support multiple languages and we continue to work with native speakers of those languages to address issues as they are reported. It's hard to get language support right in the first release as we do not have any native speakers of other languages on staff. However, we are working on a method to officially support other languages so you can download IPB3 pre-translated.

Welcome to the IPS forums, have a free (+) from me.

I've been using IPB for a number of years now and am quite pleased with the product. Yes, there are times when they don't include an option that I think they should or make changes that I wish they wouldn't, but that's a part of life with any product. I'm one of those who was hoping IPB would go on one more testing release before going final, but oh well. IPS definitely stands behind its product and does its best to fix the bugs that are found, no matter how insignificant some bugs may be.

When you take the plunge, I encourage you to give consideration to the community suite, as they will give you an up front discount of $15 (you get IP.Board, IP.Blog and IP.Gallery) and then the optional renewal fee is $25/6 months. After the first year, you will end up saving $50/year that way. Of course, renewal is optional but when you do decide to renew (even if it's a year after the invoice has expired), you just pay $25 and everything is considered up to date again.

So welcome to the IPS world and I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

do you know the languages are most important think, not for admins but for the users, and to make it for us own language it takes a lot of time that i do not have to do for example, I hope to see this integration ASAP, anyway I'll waiting the release of a stable italian language by unofficial site to allow my users to understand what they are using, I hope soon, so I can inaugurated my coming on board on IPS :)

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='17 July 2009 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1247838969' post='1827771']
Welcome to the IPS forums, have a free (+) from me.

I've been using IPB for a number of years now and am quite pleased with the product. Yes, there are times when they don't include an option that I think they should or make changes that I wish they wouldn't, but that's a part of life with any product. I'm one of those who was hoping IPB would go on one more testing release before going final, but oh well. IPS definitely stands behind its product and does its best to fix the bugs that are found, no matter how insignificant some bugs may be.

When you take the plunge, I encourage you to give consideration to the community suite, as they will give you an up front discount of $15 (you get IP.Board, IP.Blog and IP.Gallery) and then the optional renewal fee is $25/6 months. After the first year, you will end up saving $50/year that way. Of course, renewal is optional but when you do decide to renew (even if it's a year after the invoice has expired), you just pay $25 and everything is considered up to date again.

So welcome to the IPS world and I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Thanks for your feedback, yup I see the community suit, but for what I'm doing the board and at least the blog are sufficient, then never say never in the future:)

Archived