PHPBB2 --> IPB3 convertor?

Ido

Hello,

Hope I'm posting this in the right forum.
I recently bought a license, and I'm eager to upgrade my old PHPBB2 to the latest version of IPB3. So far I downloaded RC1 and installed it in a separate folder on my server.

Is there a way to convert the old users, posts, etc. from my old forum to the new IPB3? I looked all over the website and I couldn't find it.
Any help is appreciated! :thumbsup:

The converters will be available when IPB3 goes final - but I've only written one for phpBB3 (seems pointless to write converters for such old software).

So; you could either use the existing converters to convert phpBB2 --> IPB 2.3, and then upgrade to IPB3 -or- you would upgrade to phpBB3, then when the converters are available, convert to IPB3.
The former seems like it would be the easier option :)

Thank you for the reply Mark! I'll upgrade to PHPBB3 and then convert. Where can I get the convector? Still can't find it in the customer section.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize it isn't available yet, first sentence confused me. So allow me to be the annoying questioner - are you guys not going to release the convectors before the release? :whistle:

Meh - the phpBB3 converter is ready... I suppose I could build a release for you... you'll be the first person to use it though so expect a couple of bugs ;)

It's is on my work computer - so I'll get that for you at some point tomorrow.

Archived