The end is nigh!

Bazza

This is so bugging me now i am considering a move to VB! :o   I have been using invision since the very first version and never have i had a problem installing until now. 1st i unpacked and uploaded everything in the folder as per normal, when i came to run the script i got
No matter what i do, what permissions i change or how i upload it i always get one of the 2 above scenarios, i have tried both methods using 2 different downloads from here just in case my 1st download was corrupt in some way?

Please help this is driving me barmy!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/***/***/public_html/mb/admin/setup/sources/base/ipsRegistry_setup.php on line 27

I then tried uploading a zip and unpacking on the server, after running the install script then i get a permissions error. 

A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.

[quote name='Bazza' date='17 May 2009 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1242563078' post='1802737']
Sussed, needed to be using php5 the damned thing. Maybe worth a note in the install instructions rather than wasting peoples time.

It has been in all the announcements, AND in the install instructions that PHP5 is required to use IPB3. :)

They have said they were dropping PHP5 support many times. They said that one of the reasons they were switching to PHP5 was because no more support will be given to PHP4.

In the Setup Requirements

PHP: v5.1.0 or better SQL: MySQL v4.1.0 (5.0.0 or better preferred) Pre-Install Check: Files Required Files: Passed Pre-Install Check: PHP Extensions PHP Extensions Overview: Passed DOM XML Handling (libxml2): Pass

System Requirements

• Management

As was pointed out in this topic it's said all over that IPB3 requires PHP 5.

Also, PHP 5 was released July 2005 and the PHP Group stopped supporting PHP 4 many months ago after warning everyone back in 2007 that they would. We thought that considering the PHP Group who makes PHP no longer supports PHP4 that it's a safe thing for us to no longer support it :)

Archived