Email Notification of User Email Changes

happy2bike

We require members to use the email of the company they work for. If they leave the company, we don't want them to change it to their personal yahoo, gmail, etc email account. Also, we always want them to use their company email.

Is there anyway to stop them from changing their email, or, require Admin approval of email changes, or have the admin get a email notification of member password changes?

It would be nice to have and an excel/csv list of accounts and emails (or all information).

I'd find it pretty counter-productive to disallow a user from changing their email address. Just because you don't allow them to change it on your board doesn't mean it hasn't changed. If you don't allow them to update it, they simply won't receive your emails at all. :unsure:

To answer your question, no - there is no built in way to stop them from changing their email and there is no option to notify the admin when a user changes their email.

You can export CSV data from MySQL using phpmyadmin if you require a list like that.

[quote name='happy2bike' date='12 May 2009 - 11:53 AM' timestamp='1242143629' post='1801120']
We require members to use the email of the company they work for. If they leave the company, we don't want them to change it to their personal yahoo, gmail, etc email account. Also, we always want them to use their company email.

Is there anyway to stop them from changing their email, or, require Admin approval of email changes, or have the admin get a email notification of member password changes?

It would be nice to have and an excel/csv list of accounts and emails (or all information).

Excellent example of why people code modifications for users! :D

[quote name='bfarber' date='13 May 2009 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1242223948' post='1801329']

Why exactly? It's not significantly different from 2.x really.

Its the whole having to click on it, wait for it to load then have the screen jump once its reloaded (im guessing with RTE disabled its the same as 2.x but i like RTE for the "advanced window" and "standard" for quick (IMO quick replying should always bee tab+post+reply no loading jumping etc). If theres an option for RTE for advanced and standard for quick then i would bee happy but havent found the option :(

The quick reply loads all the editor JS once you click into it to speed up the general page loading a little bit. Statistically speaking, many more people read than reply. So by not loading/setting up the editor JS until it's needed, the page is done rendering quicker. :)

[quote name='bfarber' date='13 May 2009 - 07:21 PM' timestamp='1242238869' post='1801389']
The quick reply loads all the editor JS once you click into it to speed up the general page loading a little bit. Statistically speaking, many more people read than reply. So by not loading/setting up the editor JS until it's needed, the page is done rendering quicker. :)

i FULLY understand WHY it dose what it dose i just cant stand what it actually dose. for me fast reply should bee nothing more then a simple text area and a sumbit button much like what it was on 1.x and 2.x. 3.0 fast reply trys to bee a FULL editor (even in STD mode) which is not what it was origionally ment to bee. I could see we were heading down this slippery slope when 2.1 came out with all the buttons ruther then just the texarea as it was previously.

(i think this is going a little offtopic now heh, alough i hate it when members on my sites try to bee mods i think a topic split may bee in order :P )

Archived