Forum Hacked

Guest Bain

Everyone, this is a heads up. I was running IPB 2.3.5 (latest) and it got hacked today by IP address: 71.228.81.15 - someone by the name of DarkOne.

In all of my years running vBulletin, I have never been hacked. NEVER! There are some serious security flaws in IPB.

I can send the IPB Staff my Logs if they would like to take a look and see how this was done.

Your first reaction should always be to send in a ticket. Or post in a customer area if you are looking for help or want to warn people. By posting this in a public area you are obviously trying to make a point with this post.

I sent in a ticket prior.

And of course I am trying to make a point by this post. Ban the IP address and the username.
Don't make this out to be more than it was intended. This is the feedback area and as such, I was giving feedback that my forum was hacked.

As a paying customer it is my right to voice my concerns over security of the software when I have never before been hacked running another forum software since 2002.

what is your board url

and my be the hacked by the server site because there are allot of

security flaws in Linux kernel

The server was not hacked. I have already checked through all the logs and the hack was through IPB.

I have since taken down the database and deleted all files. I will soon reupload with a few security measures to try and stop this from happening again.

My url is: http://unexplainedphenomena.net

Apparently someone dislikes Paranormal forums.

Archived