Advanced Hosting Package

Guest GMT Lee

I am interested in other members opinions on the advanced hosting package. Is $20 a month worth it? How reliable is the hosting in terms of the site uptime and speed? I would also like to know if it is possible to change the look of the board if I bought this package? I read something about not being able to make modifications and wonder if changing the look would fall under modification?

Sorry to ask but I sent an email to support yesterday and have not received an answer yet. Perhaps that to do with the weekend.

Cheers...

Lee

UK

I had a lot of luck with the hosted forum. Of course, when I was on the hosted plan, it was before they made it to where hosted forums were encoded.

You CAN still add skins, however modifications are a different story (with the encoded version).

Depends on how much you want to do, really.

I will say that for the most part I was very pleased with the hosted plan.

Yes, it's 100% reliable and really fast. Support is extremely fast also. I had my website down because of bandwidth limit was exceeded. I just upgraded my hosting package and my website was up in a few minutes. There's nothing to think about the service/support because everything is fine there :)

With the IPB given with your hosting package, you can do everything that doesn't require file edit. Only files in "sources" directory are encoded. So you can do whatever you want with languges/skins/components :)

Archived