"Old" Yearly License expiring

Guest tracy4

I hope this is the right forum for this kind of request as I could not find a more appropriate one, neither here nor at ipsbeyond.com.

I'm running a copy of IPB with a Yearly Licence which I purchased in January 2006. I do not want it to renew and I searched the client area for any information on how to stop a Yearly Licence (or the new Standard Licence) from renewing but without success. Am I supposed to simply send IPS a support ticket stating that I do not wish to renew? What is the best way to cancel an IPB (Yearly) Licence?

The KB article "Difference Between A Yearly & A Perpetual License" gives the impression I do not have to do anything if I do not wish to renew:

With the one year license, you are required to renew the license after the first year expires if you wish to continue recieving support and future upgrades.

However, according to an email I received from IPS my licence will be renewed unless I do ... something?

There are no changes to your service until your current license expires on Jan 13, 2007. After Jan 13, 2007 your license will simply be changed to the new Standard License and will renew under the terms on that new license ($25.00 every 6 months).

[...]

You can of course also choose not to act and you will be renewed at $25.00 for 6 months

If you just submit a ticket they'll hapilly delete the subscription - they did it for me when I had a yearly license and when I bought a IDM license - just submit a ticket to 'Marketing: Billing'

However - note that if you don't renew you won't get any support or access to upgrades - and under the new license cheme it's cheaper - only $25 for 6 months compared to the old $69.95 per year.

Thank you for your replies. :)

I think it's just a coincidence, but this is from the email I just received:

This is an e-mail to remind you that your IP.Board: Standard License is due to renew on 01/13/07. If you have credit card details saved on file or a Paypal subscription you will be automatically charged for the renewal of your product. If you are uncertain if you have credit card details on file, please log into your Client Center and click on "Your Profile" to remove or update your credit card information. If you do not wish to renew your product, please simply reply to this e-mail indicating that you do not wish to renew. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

:)

whoa whoa wait a second...

There are no changes to your service until your current license expires on Jan 13, 2007. After Jan 13, 2007 your license will simply be changed to the new Standard License and will renew under the terms on that new license ($25.00 every 6 months).

[...]You can of course also choose not to act and you will be renewed at $25.00 for 6 months

so that means that being as i purchased the yearly license for like what 70$? that i just get switched to the new license? i thought i would have to pay that 150$ or at least the diference :o

can someone from ips confirm this?

if so... wow... i should have bought a dozen of them :P

edit: its probaly right infront of my face... but its 6 am and i havent gone to bed yet :P

Archived