Announcements

Guest lstresrt

I know you can make an Announcement and it will appear at the top of what ever sections you want.

What I would like is to be able to make an Announcement that would pop up in a window right as a user logs in. Have it set up to where the user would have to check a "Read" box and close it for it to not pop up again for that user.

This way you would know everyone saw it and "read" it. Kind of like the user agreements when you load software.

Many people just use the "new posts" function and never see Announcements.

Also, I use the IPB for some organization that require some Announcement to be seen by everyone. With the check box in play no one could say they did not read it. They may have ignored it but that would be their problem.

Is there a way to do this now that I do not know of?
If not, could it be done?

Anyone else see usefulness in it?

I know you can make an Announcement and it will appear at the top of what ever sections you want.

IPB has a feature that will let you make global announcements on top of each of your forums automatically?? Really?

I've never seen an "announcements" section, when inside the admin cp, that would allow admins to make a global announcement to all forums on the board.

I must be blind -- where is this announcements feature?

Archived