Make Profile like a Portal

Guest theclub

There are lots of mixed feelings about the new profile page. I'm reminded of the proverb ... you can please some of the people, some of the time, but you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

The problem, as I see it, is the number of different components, ensuring that many people will find something they just don't like, in my case it's the Comments and Friends.

Yet, when you look at what you have, you can see many things you could add, it could almost become a mini personal web site in it's own right.

In light of this, wouldn't it make sense to allow comprehensive control of what you want to see in your own profile? A bit like a portal, but with member as well as Admin controls.

:thumbsup:

It could be a good idea, but wouldn't it just make the portal too complicated? People have already complained that it is too complicated so surely this would only rile them further. Not like it's a bad idea though, I'd like to see something like this.

It could be a good idea, but wouldn't it just make the portal

too

complicated? People have already complained that it is too complicated so surely this would only rile them further. Not like it's a bad idea though, I'd like to see something like this.

This has nothing to do with the portal, I'm just suggesting that members get the same control over their profile page as admin get over the portal.

:thumbsup:

Archived