Viewing Attachments

Guest Invisionary

I have my test board set up, I make a test post, I add an (image) attachment, I click on the attached image to view an enlargement... I get a permissions error. I can't view the full size image.

Any way I can fix that? Can't find it in the ACP - and why would I want to restrict that anyway?

Edit: Hang on... I posted that because I found it a problem while previewing a post with an attached image. When I submitted the post I lose the attachment thumbnail - and thumbnails are turned on in the ACP.

Go and edit the forum permissions and allow Downloads for your user group.

There's a little bug regarding the download permission when adding a new forum, which I've reported.

Also, In response to "Why would you want to restrict that?" I thought that would be pretty obvious - you can control which user groups can download attachments in any given forum. Very handy indeed. :)

a handy feature, but one that by default which should be left so all can view as normal. then one can go in and restrict as desired... Drove me a bit nutso in that one too till I figured it out, and that' only because I installed one of the mods that do this a while back.

Archived