New Root Forum Missing?

Guest HopkinsProgramming

Ok... I found it, it was down the lefthand side.

Anywho...

In the Admin CP, under "Look & Feel", there is a button reading "Add New Category" (it's right next to the button called "Reorder categories"). I would expect this button to allow me to make a new category (or "root forum" as I think may have been called in the past). Instead, clicking on on that just starts adding a new forum under an exisiting category.

Can you either change the button to read, "Add New Forum" or change it so that it will add a category?

I haven't posted this in the bug reports yet, because I wanna make sure that it wasn't just some stupid mistake I was making.

Thank you for your time!

:)

Ok... I found it, it was down the lefthand side.

Anywho...

Can you either change the button to read, "Add New Forum" or change it so that it will add a category?

I haven't posted this in the bug reports yet, because I wanna make sure that it wasn't just some stupid mistake I was making.

Thank you for your time!

:)

It's kind of confusing, it's not how it used to be. To create a new ROOT forum, you now need to click "Add Category" in the left hand menu bar. Personally, I would consider it a bug as "Add Category" is what I'm expecting to use to create a new root.

Archived