Skins

Guest theclub

Anyway.. if you'll all quit acting like toddlers and arguing semantics..

I hope the Skin changes aren't too massive. Are there any skinners that provide upgrade services to existing skins? I have one that I'd like to continue using but will likely require someone to update it for me. Thanks :)

:lol: This is hilarious.

SupportersUnited, Invision owe you nothing. If you tinker with the skins and coding that's your own choice. I certainly think the claim that Invision owe their success to skinners a very silly statement. I have plenty of skins and they probably aren't going to work when the new board is installed, you just have to suck it up and rework them when the time comes. It's annoying but hey that's the sacrifice you make to have the latest upgrade.

Yes, I have a feeling SupportersUnited may have to end up ignoring a lot of users before this discussion is over. He doesn't seem to get that it's not Invision's job to cater to third party modders/skinners, it's there job to make a stable product for the masses, and if they have time to throw us a bone, kudos to them. ;)

Yes, I have a feeling SupportersUnited may have to end up ignoring a lot of users before this discussion is over. He doesn't seem to get that it's not Invision's job to cater to third party modders/skinners, it's there job to make a stable product for the masses, and if they have time to throw us a bone, kudos to them. ;)

As a side note, SupportersUnited, you have gained the attention of prominent members of both the Skinning (MetalAxe/Keith) and Modding (FuSoYa) communities, neither of whom agree with you.

Come on guys, we can do without the personal insults.

I don't imagine the skin changes between 2.1 and 2.2 being huge, it's mostly new sections like the profile portal and even that will use some of the existing CSS.

Looks like it will take me another week to re-code my skin lol

Well, if you wrote the skin yourself it should be beyond easy to fix. :) Just revert the profile template bits and edit them the way you want. I guess you can just switch back to the old profile format until you get it sorted. And if the old profile page uses a different set of template bits, that's even easier, since the new template bits will automatically be imported into your skins (albeit the IPB Default appearance). I say we just try import our IPB 2.1 skins and see where we get. The best documentation we could have is the pre-release.

Actually I re-coded a skin that I purchased some time ago

As a side note, SupportersUnited, you have gained the attention of prominent members of both the Skinning (MetalAxe/Keith) and Modding (FuSoYa) communities, neither of whom agree with you.

And your point is? Are you saying that because a couple of IPS Beyond mods get together to misrepresent what l say that they are right and l must therefore be 'wrong'?

l don't see why being a moderator from any board should automatically elevate you to the status of forum 'god', although you'd have your work cut out convincing those two of that.

l've seen a survey that asked the reasons people use certain forum software, the main reason given in that survey for people using IPB was the number of third party skins and modifications available for it. THAT was my point, and based on those results it is indisputable that IPB have gained customers BECAUSE OF third party modders and skinners. And all the forum gods on the planet can line up here and dispute it, l really don't care.

l asked a simple question and gave a simple opinion, and if there's anyone who can't hack that, then that's their problem, not mine.

:)

Archived