Mass Ban

Guest The Law

I find that most spammers on my site put similar things in the profile fields.

Example many put "Google" as their "favourite show to watch" on my TV forum. If there was a way I could autoban everyone with "google" as their favourite show to watch, that would be really cool and save me time since these spammers register everyday.

I find that most spammers on my site put similar things in the profile fields.

Example many put "Google" as their "favourite show to watch" on my TV forum. If there was a way I could autoban everyone with "google" as their favourite show to watch, that would be really cool and save me time since these spammers register everyday.

You could run a custom sql query to delete members with that value for that custom profile field, but in terms of adding a feature or getting support on how to do that, you should go vist IPS Beyond.

Yeah it is enabled.

The image code generator will be much better in IPB 2.2.

If they really are humans who register (read the discussion here), then they will be able easily to choose another show. Besides, they come once and spam, then you could mass-ban them but the next time they come they use other accounts. So, I'm not sure a mass-banning would be a very useful general feature.

Currently I can suggest only search for members within ACP by the show (it is a feature in ACP), and then delete the accounts manually (if they really are accounts meant only for spamming, they can be deleted for sure).

ellawella, if you're going to help The Law with an SQL query, then write it appropriately. Data on the favourite show are not a basic member profile field, so this query wouldn't work.

It was merely given as an example. I'm hardly going to bother finding and installing the mod The Law is using, then checking what the appropriate column is named. I assume he/she has the intuition to realise that.

Archived