Make post by form

Guest killarbee

I have an unreleased component (0 edits) that does this very nicely. You can configure a form from the AdminCP and with a little modification of the skin the "New Topic" button could be made to link to the form as opposed to the post screen. You could even remove posting permissions from the forum itself so that users could only use the form.

If there is an interest I'd release it as a component. It does need a little touching up before it is release quality however. :)

I have an unreleased component (0 edits) that does this very nicely. You can configure a form from the AdminCP and with a little modification of the skin the "New Topic" button could be made to link to the form as opposed to the post screen. You could even remove posting permissions from the forum itself so that users could only use the form.

If there is an interest I'd release it as a component. It does need a little touching up before it is release quality however. :)

Sounds good and i'm very interested :thumbsup: , but i'm in no way a php/ipb genius to do the "little touching up" I'm able to get mods and stuff working if there is a decent howto/readme and that's about it. And what will happen if i install your mod and i upgrade the board afterwards ?
In general you are describing excactly what i'm searching for and i would love to give it a try :D

Sounds good and i'm very interested :thumbsup: , but i'm in no way a php/ipb genius to do the "little touching up" I'm able to get mods and working if there is a decent howto/readme and that's about it. And what will happen if i install your mod and i upgrade the board afterwards ?

In general you are describing excactly what i'm searching for and i would love to give it a try :D

Considering that I use the component on one IPB I own and I'll be very soon using it on a second IPB I run it'll be upgraded before the final version of a major release. I'll probably finish it up later tonight and perhaps put up a demo tommorow. I may decide to charge a small fee for it, or release it free. :)

Considering that I use the component on one IPB I own and I'll be very soon using it on a second IPB I run it'll be upgraded before the final version of a major release. I'll probably finish it up later tonight and perhaps put up a demo tommorow. I may decide to charge a small fee for it, or release it free. :)

Whatever you decide, I can't wait for the demo! :thumbsup:

Fields can be set as required or as optional. There isn't an attatchment option though I plan on adding one in a future version. :)

Ok, what about a field where people can fill in an image url ? So that the form automaticly adds the [ img] tags is that an option ?

Archived