RTE save preferences suggestion

Guest RawkBob

I don't remember if this has been suggested or anything before...

My Idea:

Have the RTE save the persons formatting for every post.

i.e. if someone always posts in georgia with a nice purple font don't make them click font -> georgia and colour -> purple every time, give them the option of saving their 'standard formatting'.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes..... or, perhaps under "Board Settings" in the UserCP... if you have Rich Text Editor selected as your default editor, have a sub-option enabled to select your default font formatting. That would be awesome.

Yes..... or, perhaps under "Board Settings" in the UserCP... if you have Rich Text Editor selected as your default editor, have a sub-option enabled to select your default font formatting. That would be awesome.

Much more logical to most peoples minds, and less complicated to implement. +1.

Well for you... Why not just disable font formatting all together?

Your idea wouldn't stop people from changing their font formatting with every post, it just makes it a few clicks longer than it should be.

If you don't want multi-colored text everywhere, then just disallow BBCode and HTML in the posts and keep it to plain text.

My board and many others I'm sure wouldn't mind some variation in the style of posts. I already have a few members that like to make their posts into their favorite color. I don't mind...

Archived