Better "Lo-Fi" version

Guest fortierr

Hi there

One suggestion - perhaps making the Lo-Fi Version of IPB a little more robust? I have a user who is blind and it's difficult for her to navigate the forum. She loves the lo-fi version, but she's only able to read messages, not respond to it unless she views the message in the full version.

Either that - or can someone suggest a very plain skin that I could set up for her?

Thanks!

Rick

Hi there

One suggestion - perhaps making the Lo-Fi Version of IPB a little more robust?  I have a user who is blind and it's difficult for her to navigate the forum.  She loves the lo-fi version, but she's only able to read messages, not respond to it unless she views the message in the full version.

Either that - or can someone suggest a very plain skin that I could set up for her?

Thanks!

Rick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it's possible to make a template with very little to now images. That way, it's simple, but is still more "robust" than the lo-fi version.

And not to be offensive or anything, but how would a blind user navigate your forum? (Don't take offense... I'm curious...)

And not to be offensive or anything, but how would a blind user navigate your forum? (Don't take offense... I'm curious...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are using a program like Lynx for viewing the forum. Lynx can read the lo-fi version

it would be a great pro voor ips if ipb was accessible by the visualy handicapt

Regular pages look fine in Lynx too.  Can you explain what on a regular page she finds difficult to navigate?  Is it extra links like profile card, pm, go to top on each post the problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for all the feedback. I will make a skin for her and others that need it, eventually. I'm a bit short on time.

She's able to navigate it, but she has some difficulties getting around. I've emailed her to find out exactly where the problems are.

That will help me with the skin, I'm sure.

Rick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would anyone take offense to that? It's a valid question. I see that you've already received an answer. I'm not sure it's lynx that she's using, but she's been involved in on-line communities for 16 years. Some of the web ones are tougher than others for the programs to decode, I guess.

Thanks!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived