Just a bit over a week ago we opened the first public preview of IP.Board 3.2.0 and the response was more than we could have ever expected. Most everyone reported they loved IP.Board 3.2 and could not wait to use it on their own community. We received a lot of great feedback and have spent the last week reading and organizing that feedback. While we cannot apply every bit of feedback received, we were able to go through all the feedback topics and make many changes based on what we saw were recurring themes.
Here are a few changes we have made since the preview...
- User control panel pages updated to be simpler to use and understand
- Several 3.1-style elements updated and refreshed
- Topic icons tweaked for readability
- Ability to hide sidebar reintroduced
- Added support for Breadcrumb microdata
- Many editor updates and fixes, including a new skin that ties into the IP.Board skin system, for customization by skin designers.
- User profile default tab changed to overview
- Hundreds of bug fixes and minor tweaks based on feedback!
If you have not already, you will need to register an account to login on the preview site.
Note that the preview will go on and offline now and then while we process feedback and make changes.