Subscriptions on a Beta site

Mike Gholson

Hi guys,

After making a duplicate of my production site, I was able to get it upgraded with IPB 5 beta1.  However, I noticed that emails are being sent to members (from the beta site).  Is there a way I can totally disable emails on the beta site?  It turns out that all forums and PM's are reset to a "new" status so the emails are flooding.

Also, does running a copy of my production site also charge users for subscriptions?  I want to know if I will need to disable something else to prevent this.

Thank you!

Thank you, I disabled email using the constants.php.

However, I get an error when I try to remove payment types.  See below.

TypeError: IPS\File::get(): Argument #2 ($url) must be of type IPS\Http\Url|string, null given, called in /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/applications/nexus/sources/Gateway/Gateway.php on line 441 (0)
#0 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/applications/nexus/sources/Gateway/Gateway.php(441): IPS\File::get()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/system/Node/Controller.php(1372): IPS\nexus\Gateway->delete()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/gateways.php(211): IPS\Node\Controller->delete()
#3 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(128): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\gateways->delete()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/system/Node/Controller.php(117): IPS\Dispatcher\Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/gateways.php(61): IPS\Node\Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/applications/nexus/modules/admin/payments/paymentsettings.php(86): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\gateways->execute()
#7 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(128): IPS\nexus\modules\admin\payments\paymentsettings->__call()
#8 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(169): IPS\Dispatcher\Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/vhosts/classiczcars.com/beta.classiczcars.com/admin/index.php(15): IPS\Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Is there another method I can use to disable these automatic payments?  I'm afraid the system will charge people twice for their subscription (production site and beta site).

Thank you!

Mike

TBH, it would be nice to add a enable/disable function to the payment methods.  This way we can shut off the gateway in times like this.  I noticed the system tried reaching out to Paypal to cancel all the subscriptions but it failed (probably due to the domain name).  So hopefully my production site wasn't affected by a bunch of cancelations.

24 minutes ago, Mike Gholson said:

Is there another method I can use to disable these automatic payments?  I'm afraid the system will charge people twice for their subscription (production site and beta site).

Thank you!

Mike

There is usually an option for "test" or "sandbox" within your payment gateway provider.  Just put the test payment info in your admin payment section and you should be fine. I'd prefer and on off switch built into IPS, but doubt we'll ever get that.  So the previous option is the best option that I'm aware of. 

You can also add the following to a constants.php file which will give you a new test payment gateway.  Then swap your products/subscriptions over to use this instead.

\define( 'NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS', true );

As Mike said I too would love a method to enable/disable the payment methods.

Yeah, looks like by attempting to delete my payment gateways from my beta site, I canceled them on my production site.  Whatever you do, don't delete the gateways from a beta site if you are running a direct duplicate of your production site.  RIP