HTTP ERROR 500 -- View Invoices NEXUS

• 1 month later...

Hello @Marc Stridgen, after some time, I have managed to get to the error in the APACHE error.log file, which is logged when I enter some options of the NEXUS module.

[Mon Mar 20 23:24:06.705962 2023] [security2:error] [pid 19916] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:62383] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed to access DBM file "/var/cpanel/secdatadir/YYYYYYY-default_SESSION": Permission denied [hostname "www.YYYYYYY.cl"] [uri "/foro/ZZZZZZ/index.php"] [unique_id "ZBkVRoQCWYaJb1JyJXVaIAAAAQE"], referer: https://www.YYYYYYY.cl/foro/ZZZZZZ/?app=nexus&module=payments&controller=transactions&do=&attn=1

Is it related to the permissions of the files contained in the path indicated in the error?

PATH: /var/cpanel

drwxrwx--T.  2 root    nobody              4096 mar 20 22:00 secdatadir

total 0
-rw-r-----. 1 nobody nobody 0 mar 20 22:00 nobody-default_SESSION.dir
-rw-r-----. 1 nobody nobody 0 mar 20 22:00 nobody-default_SESSION.pag
-rw-r-----. 1 nobody nobody 0 mar 20 22:00 nobody-ip.dir
-rw-r-----. 1 nobody nobody 0 mar 20 22:00 nobody-ip.pag

@Marc Stridgen

How do I explain to the hosting that ONLY one module of my application has this error??? How do I tell it that it is only when I want to see the payment configuration in the IPS NEXUS MODULE????

I would appreciate some empathy and guidance as to where the error could go by entering only the NEXUS module.

Regards,

11 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

I would start with that.  But again… this is a server issue, not an IPB issue. 

Thank's,  I understand that it is a server error, but the hosting provider, when a single module fails, will tell me that it is an application problem. It is the typical dispute where everyone passes the responsibility from one side to the other.

But the mod_security affects all the configuration on the server (apache service), but I only see the behavior in the URL of my production environment, not in the URL of the TEST environment. Both environments are hosted on the same server under cpanel, therefore they share the configuration.

14 hours ago, Mercury Forever said:

But the mod_security affects all the configuration on the server (apache service), but I only see the behavior in the URL of my production environment, not in the URL of the TEST environment. Both environments are hosted on the same server under cpanel, therefore they share the configuration.

Actually not necessarily.  mod_security can be controlled on a per hostname basis.  

You're likely to have problems until that mod_security error goes away.  IPS cannot troubleshoot that as it's outside of the software.  You would need to work with your hosting provider.

• 3 months later...

Hi @Jim M,  thanks for the action.

Regarding the error, at the browser level, it is the one that I published at the beginning of this thread, as background, I tested with three browsers, both in normal and incognito mode, in all these tests the 500 error is the same.

Since I have backup of the database, I have the option to simulate the problem.

Regards,

PS: You could leave the post and hide only the sensitive data, for the community the way in which I solved the error could be a contribution, although it is something rare to intervene in the configuration directly at the database level.

Edited by Mercury Forever

• 2 months later...

After a while, you reached the error that is behind this 500 error.

Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\nexus\Gateway\hook692::auth(IPS\nexus\Transaction $transaction, $values, ?IPS\nexus\Fraud\MaxMind\Request $maxMind = null, $recurrings = []) must be compatible with IPS\nexus\Gateway\_PayPal::auth(IPS\nexus\Transaction $transaction, $values, ?IPS\nexus\Fraud\MaxMind\Request $maxMind = null, $recurrings = [], $source = null) in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/foro/init.php(936) : eval()'d code on line 21

Hello everyone, I finally identified the problem, it was indeed a third-party application called "Subscription Privacy" by Thomas, which no longer exists in the Market. The truth is that I don't know what function it served "other than not making the module work."

By removing it, I no longer have the "blessed" 500 error (very generic and related to Apache otherwise)

Greetings to all who contributed, responded and helped reach the RCA.

Regards,