Image ALT-Tag as caption

kyriazhs1975

Just to understand the ask...  what are you asking them exactly enter into the alt tag field?  Easily understanding what the image means typically involves describing the contents of the image.  For example...

Bored Cat GIF

A caption might be "A Bored Cat".  Now...  if a user uploads an image, how is IPS going to know what the image is about for it to apply a proper caption.

When a user adds an image, there is already a spot for them to describe the image...  that's what the image title is for.  

image.png.14345348212ce828288ea69219c3ef42.png

Now...  if they just added "User uploaded image" as the description, it puts something in the field, but it defeats the intended purpose of the field, which is to actually DESCRIBE the image.  Just saying it's an uploaded image does not help an accessible user understand what is inside of the image.  

15 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

When a user adds an image, there is already a spot for them to describe the image...  that's what the image title is for.  

you're right, But most users don't pay attention to this at all!

15 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

Now...  if they just added "User uploaded image" as the description, it puts something in the field, but it defeats the intended purpose of the field, which is to actually DESCRIBE the image.  Just saying it's an uploaded image does not help an accessible user understand what is inside of the image.  

But what I want is that Display the title of the topic as a caption for all images that uploaded within the topoic (automatically).

14 hours ago, SeNioR- said:

you mean figcaption?

something like this but automatically

37 minutes ago, kyriazhs1975 said:

But what I want is that Display the title of the topic as a caption for all images that uploaded within the topoic (automatically).

What? The topic? So every image has the same title? You first said the ALT tag, which usually doesn’t contain anything meaningful unless changed manually. 
I still have no idea what you are asking. 

Edited by opentype

4 hours ago, kyriazhs1975 said:

19 hours ago, SeNioR- said:

How is the title of a topic going to describe a picture within that topic?  What happens if there are multiple pictures in that topic?

22 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

How is the title of a topic going to describe a picture within that topic?

Well, for example, from the caption of the images, you can understand what the title is. This is useful when the user is reading the topic and doesn't know the title And can understand the title by looking at the caption of the image. This method is very useful for me and maybe it's very useful for many!!!!!

22 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

What happens if there are multiple pictures in that topic?

There are ways to do it :ph34r:

Untitled.png.1bf62e6a4cbf76167763dcb01c06ca1d.png

In WordPress I do the same with the plugin I wrote