Remove Newsletter block from notifications center

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Hello,

because newsletters are a sensitive topic here in Europe (GDPR) I'd like to hide the entire newsletter block from the notification center.

Yes I've already set the manual opt-in method for bulk mails but I also want to remove this block from this center.

The main reason is that the checkbox for email notification is enabled by default.

How can I hide this box? We do not send any newsletter because we have no additional opt-in process.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Apfelstrudel

16 hours ago, Apfelstrudel said:

Hi Nathan,

I mean this container. Sorry for the misunderstanding. This was my fault because I talked "block".

How can I hide it?

No worries - the following will hide it....the '6 indicates the 6th 'row in the list...modify if your entry is a different row in your listing,

body[data-pagecontroller="notifications"] ul.ipsDataList_clickableRows li:nth-of-type(6) {
  display:none;
}

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

No worries - the following will hide it....the '6 indicates the 6th 'row in the list...modify if your entry is a different row in your listing,

body[data-pagecontroller="notifications"] ul.ipsDataList_clickableRows li:nth-of-type(6) {
  display:none;
}

Keep in mind that the list can depend based on a users permissions, also any addition plugins or apps could change the options, so instead of using a theme hook for this, I would suggest to hook into the applications/core/extensions/core/Notifications/BulkMails::configOptions method 🙂

• Solution
7 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Keep in mind that the list can depend based on a users permissions, also any addition plugins or apps could change the options, so instead of using a theme hook for this, I would suggest to hook into the applications/core/extensions/core/Notifications/BulkMails::configOptions method 🙂

Yup, it's not ideal but it's the best that could potentially be done from a CSS point of view.

@Apfelstrudel a way to see how the CSS can 'go wrong' would be to disable your Messenger....this will then remove it from the notifications list, and Newsletters will have a different numbered row and then something else will be hidden.

Here's a plugin which will do it the @Daniel F way 😉

(NE) Remove 'Newsletters' from notification settings.xml

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...