Today In History

I had an app in IP.Board 3.4 and another dev developed one in early days of 4.0 and 100% of people, even the ones who doesn’t purchase it, said it was useless because it SHOULD have thousands of predefined events In the table to avoid enter them manually, what apparently was boring. So yes, this is a plugin where you don’t need to add records and it displays general entries from Wikipedia, as stated. No specific matters. 

It would have to be an app to allow people to enter their records and integrate totally with the framework (categories, search, tags, notifications, etc.) And it obviously wouldn’t cost only $10.

As it won’t sell well in the marketplace, drop a PM if you’re interested in sponsoring an app or choose any of the following:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/506-customization-requests/

https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

• 10 months later...

Hey great mod but I ran into an issue. Is there a way to fix the display on forum home? The text is coming out all whacked out. Thanks!899138893_Webcapture_29-12-2020_11300_www.retrofanforums_com.thumb.jpeg.e6e5b932cf571420626a808be310f430.jpeg

You know what would be cool? If you could make this to work in a specified forum as a new thread.. Also is it possible to show a specific a century? I'd definitely pay for something like that. Thanks!

Edited by Greek76
21 minutes ago, Greek76 said:

So this is only configured to work on the default theme? If I would've known I wouldn't of purchased it. I don't use the default theme on my forum. 

Any and every apps on the marketplace is made for the default theme, how are dev suppose to test on every theme? I would think that it is the theme dev that has to follow ips standard. 

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

All the resources are made based on default theme, otherwise I would have to develop one resource for each theme out there, what would make things totally impracticable. 

Ask support for your designer. Maybe some CSS of your theme is causing the issue. Feel free to ask him to contact me via private message if he didn’t agree with something. 

Gotcha and thanks!

Edited by Greek76
5 minutes ago, Greek76 said:

My question is what did you think of my recommendations up above? Are they possible to do and if so would you consider adding the option? Thanks!

You mean the topic stuff? I can certainly make a custom version for you but it doesn’t make much sense to me because you will have topics repeated at every year, so it doesn’t look interesting to me.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

You mean the topic stuff? I can certainly make a custom version for you but it doesn’t make much sense to me because you will have topics repeated at every year, so it doesn’t look interesting to me.

I was thinking more inline with the nineteenth century. I run a movie based forum on old film so I was thinking of something like on this day in history Casablanca was released or that actor John Doe was  born today. 
I suppose you have a point though. Every year the same thing would be posted I really didn’t think of it like that. 

Hello Adriano,

Does this works for Pages? I've my own events, births and deaths database with tons of information on it, so I'm just checking if I can import my own information into this plugin so I can show my own stuff.

Thank you!

I have a question and maybe it's a custom theme issue like you stated. My question if there are no events to show for the day will the widget still appear with the date but no events or the widget won't show at all? For instance yesterday and today the widget does not appear on my forum. Just curious and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Its not showing anything for today i.e. 18 JAN, Is there anything wrong or not working i am running version 1.0.0 (10000) on version 4.4 of IPS. Also how does it get data is it possible to set a timezone and get data accordingly.

PS: it was working few days back but not now.

Edited by TarunD