4 000 emails sent everyday

SecondSight

Hello ! 🙂

My server's IP is often getting blacklisted because of emails...

Here are examples of messages I get :

Our system has detected that this message is\n421-4.7.0 suspicious due to the nature of the content and/or the links within.\n421-4.7.0 To best protect our users from spam, the message has been blocked.\n421-4.7.0 Please visit\n421 4.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/188131 for more information. r4-v6si39342282pfb.43 - gsmtp

Too many spams from your IP, please visit http://postmaster.free.fr/

The IP is blacklisted for 1563s (too many spams received from this IP, rejecting mail)

I checked the emails content and found it is normal content : notifications, etc.

So, I asked my server management company to check if the server is sending spam and the result is it doesn't send spam.

So I don't know what is wrong.

My board is sending about 4 thousand emails each day. Is it too many emails ?

Thank you. 🙂

The error messages don’t say anything about the amount. They register it as (potential) spam. That’s the problem. But it’s impossible to give any recommendations just based on that. We don’t know your site. We don’t know your outgoing emails. We don’t know your mail and server settings …

I had an issue similar to yours with one of the transitional email providers.  I purchased the plugin below to limit the content in emails.  Not saying the below will solve your problem, but it worked for me.  Also, you might want to consider AWS SES for your email, it's super cheap.

That error message indicates that your email messages are being flagged as spam. This could be by users in their client (it's easier to flag something as spam in gmail than to click the unsubscribe link and actually turn off notifications, so sadly this is just what some people do), or it could be by the email provider's heuristics. I would recommend following up with the email provider to ask for more details.

You can also google for "sbl" and put in your server/site information to see if you've been registered on any spam blacklists.

5 hours ago, bfarber said:

to see if you've been registered on any spam blacklists.

I've just done it using several tools. The server's IP and the domain name are not blacklisted anywhere.

I noticed that :

- some gmail adresse are blocked and others are not, I don't know why (the email content is ok).

- all of another email provider (called Free) emails are blocked.

I'll get in touch with them to get more details about this.

As for the other email providers, they just  work fine.

Please report to us if you get any news.

I have a big problem with emails to Microsoft domains (outlook.com / hotmail.com) and I never found out what the reason is. I don't even know who to ask about this. Every other email provider like googlemail works absolutely fine for me. I'm not listed on any blacklist either. And my admin confirms, my email setup is absolutely fine and no complications resulting from this side. And I'm not talking about bulk mailing only. Not even a single registration email is arriving on Microsoft domains. I never misused any data nor did I unconventional using. Absolutely weird.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've been able to fix the problem in some way.

1- I asked my server management company to check and make sure the following services are enabled on my server (DMARK was not) :

• SPF
  • DMARK
  • DKIM

2- I went to https://postmaster.google.com/managedomains and checked that my domain was added and verified (I had done this a long time ago but I noticed that it had been removed, I don't know how. So I added it again).

3- Sending an email to Free and Google to tell them my server is not sending spam (but I got no answer...).

Now, I no longer have a long list of queued email in WHM. ButI have the following problem : many users tell me their registration email is being sent to the spam directory and the link to validate the registration is removed. So they can't register.

What should I do in your opinion ?

Thank you ! 🙂

You can enable debug email into constants.php file, it prevent sending but you can enable it for small time and disable after 15 minutes. Able you to check all email sent via invisioncommunity software.

I am phone, don't remember the constant.

define('EMAIL_DEBUG_PATH', __DIR__.'/debugmails');

create the debugemails directory

Archived