Pay to Unlock Forums

About This File

This application will allow admin to charge a fee so users can access forums and its topics. Useful if you don't want to handle with subscriptions.

NOTE:

• Commerce reqruired

Areas covered:

• Forum view
  • Topic (view and preview popup)
  • Activity Stream
  • Search results
  • User Content (Profile Activity Stream, Forums -> Topics and Forums -> Posts)
  • RSS: protected forums are excluded from RSS feed

• 2 months later...

Ok, replying to your PM. It's in the README (yellow are) and shows in the screenshots:

QWeivaO.png

1 hour ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

Hi @Adriano Faria thank you for your response! The image you posted is something I have never seen in my set up. I don't have that same tab anywhere. I'll PM you. Thanks!

Go to ACP -> Forums -> TRANSCRIPTS -> Fearless Living 2019 -> edit Fearless Living JANUARY 2019 then you will see:

AoS1jOa.png

Enable then you'll get the options:

CDv87ny.png

Add the cost; choose the Exempt groups, if you wish, and hit save.

You're done. People that's not part of the Exempt group will see the notice and will have to pay to read its topics.

I did everything listed in this post and the "pay to unlock forums" tab was not there. I've done nothing different since posting this request for support but NOW that tab is there! I don't know what you did to fix it, but thank you!! Can you tell me what was missing? On my end, nothing has changed except suddenly the tab is now there. Thank you for that!

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I did nothing. I simply gone to the forum. You can see the logs, if you wish. 🙂

Wow, so I guess it was a delayed activation? Or maybe you are magical. I'm very sorry to have bothered you, by the way. I swear it was not there before.

I do have a new question:

I know I can exempt groups from payment to a forum, but is there a way to add an individual exemption. For example, I want to make the transcript free to anyone who attended the live chat session. Is there a way to invite them to a forum or add them as an individual to a forum so they don't have to pay?

1 minute ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

I'm very sorry to have bothered you, by the way. I swear it was not there before.

No problem at all. That's why support is for. 🙂

1 minute ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

I do have a new question:

I know I can exempt groups from payment to a forum, but is there a way to add an individual exemption. For example, I want to make the transcript free to anyone who attended the live chat session. Is there a way to invite them to a forum or add them as an individual to a forum so they don't have to pay?

Nope, currently only groups can be excluded from paying to read topics. I'll think in something like that in a new version.

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Nope, currently only groups can be excluded from paying to read topics. I'll think in something like that in a new version.

Check cos depending the extend will depend if you can generate a purchase for it, and if so they can just generate purchases for each person marking as paid, might be easier then writing lots more stuff

3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Check cos depending the extend will depend if you can generate a purchase for it, and if so they can just generate purchases for each person marking as paid, might be easier then writing lots more stuff

Nah! I'm thinking in add a member field in the form or elsewhere so the admin enters the members that can access it. That's the purpose of the resource. I won't change it or make it so specific for one person only.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Nah! I'm thinking in add a member field in the form or elsewhere so the admin enters the members that can access it. That's the purpose of the resource. I won't change it or make it so specific for one person only.

I mean, it might already allow generating so you won't need to do nothing then :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/29/2018 at 8:18 AM, Adriano Faria said:

NOTE:

• Commerce reqruired

Hello, is this requirement for the method that would be configured in the commerce module?

Do you have images of the payment process to see how the integration with the application is?

NOTE: I do not have the commerce module, so I do not know how the integration is and I want to know how is the process of your applications with the module, I am interested in several of this style and that are related to monetize "https: // invisioncommunity.com/features/commerce/ "

5 hours ago, Fred Krugger said:

Hello, is this requirement for the method that would be configured in the commerce module?

Do you have images of the payment process to see how the integration with the application is?

NOTE: I do not have the commerce module, so I do not know how the integration is and I want to know how is the process of your applications with the module, I am interested in several of this style and that are related to monetize "https: // invisioncommunity.com/features/commerce/ "

Hello,

It will show the default checkout Commerce page with the payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe, etc.) you set in your ACP. It’s exactly the same page when you purchase a file here on IPS Marketplace.