Block template throws: Error: History.js Adapter has already

christopher-w

Hi All,

Newbie here trying to get to grips with page templates using the cloud version of IPS Community Suite.

My objective is to create a custom block which render records in a 3rd party slider. Slider comes with 1 CSS file and 1 JS file.

To achieve this I went through the following process.

1.As an initial test  I created a simple block plugin template that iterates through article records and outputs some simple html

2. Works ok when I insert it on a page as a custom block

3 Next I created a JS file and a CSS file in the template UI and pasted in the relevant JS and CSS  into these files

4.  Then I included the CSS and JS files in the page includes section of the page itself.

5. I then added the following to the top of my template file

{template="includeCSS" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""} 
{template="includeJS" app="core" group="global" location="global" params=""}

6. Following stage 5 above, my page throws the following error:

Uncaught Error: History.js Adapter has already been loaded...  at ... root_library.js.c67caccd2ffa9bb934e55c68debc65c1.js?v=cbee788cef:3 Uncaught Error: History.js Adapter has already been loaded...

7. In summary I can create a new block plugin template and iterate through records and outputting simple HTML on a page. But when I try and prepare the page for some JS routines by adding a JS (and CSS) file, the page throws an error which is visible in dev console.

Guessing I'm doing something daft here. Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

Many  thanks

Chris

London

Archived