Theme Customization

James W

Hello,

I'm looking to do some HTML customization on some themes, specific to a forum and how 'threads' are displayed. I have an idea how to do this in my head, but putting it into practical code is difficult, being I don't know what variables I can use, identifying forum ID's, etc.

1. I only want this edit to work on forum ID 46. I understand I would have to put in {{if}} statements to call this, but I don't know what "variable" to check if the user is looking at forum with ID 46.
  2. All non-moderator users, when post is made, display as a different user's ID. Specifically, ID 2105. So all posts look like they've been made by user ID 2105 - this includes photo, and username, and reputation, etc. All the 'userbit' info. Non-moderator users should not be able to tell the difference between other users.
  3. Moderator users would always post as their own ID.
  4. Moderator users would see original IDs of posters in forum. 

Essentially, this would be a hard coded 'anonymous' feature. I coded something similar to this with vBulletin years back, but when I made the plunge to ipBoard, the code is obviously different. Last post bit would have to show as user ID 2105 as well, unless the last post was a moderator, for instance.

I know there's a Post as Anonymous plugin already, however, it's not optimized for 4.2, and I prefer to make it so users don't have to worry about 'ticking' a button to remain anonymous when posting in this specific forum.

Any and all assistance in this would be wonderful. Such as which html templates I need to edit, and which lines show what. Identifiers and variables would be wonderful too, and some examples. I'm having a hard time finding literally ANY table of contents that displays every bit of information that I need regarding identifiers and variables and how to make use of them in the custom HTML templates.

Thanks a lot!

Archived