Trouble Enabling SSL and Installing a plugin

I tried to enable SSL by going to System > Settings > Login Handlers > Login Settings. The switch to enable SSL is grayed out and i am unable to press it, however when i hover over a certain portion of text it tells me that the subject name does not match the target host name. I assume the problem is because i have a custom domain (forums.domain.com), but i have no idea how to fix this.

323f3cd567682d7dbbb396be2846e073.png

My second issue i encountered while trying to install a plugin, the Sign in through Steam plugin. I downloaded the plugin, unzipped the file, and installed the .xml file in the plugin section of admincp. The issue i am having is uploading the contents of zip file. In the README.md it says to "First, upload the contents of the upload folder to your forum root directory.", i have been unable to figure out how to access the forum root directory since i have the cloud package hosted by invision.

38 minutes ago, Oliver Coates said:

I tried to enable SSL by going to System > Settings > Login Handlers > Login Settings. The switch to enable SSL is grayed out and i am unable to press it, however when i hover over a certain portion of text it tells me that the subject name does not match the target host name. I assume the problem is because i have a custom domain (forums.domain.com), but i have no idea how to fix this.

323f3cd567682d7dbbb396be2846e073.png

My second issue i encountered while trying to install a plugin, the Sign in through Steam plugin. I downloaded the plugin, unzipped the file, and installed the .xml file in the plugin section of admincp. The issue i am having is uploading the contents of zip file. In the README.md it says to "First, upload the contents of the upload folder to your forum root directory.", i have been unable to figure out how to access the forum root directory since i have the cloud package hosted by invision.

It appears you are on IPS Cloud... you would need to contact support via client area to get a SSL cert put onto your account.

And for the Steam login, file a support ticket as well via client area, tell them that you want to install the plugin and would need the files manually uploaded. I have told the other users on cloud the same thing when they file a github ticket with us.

Archived