Manage avatars across community

Jam Man

I've recently had a difficult time moving my site to a new domain - there was a lot of transferring of files, overwriting etc which was done in error. I have a partial 'uploads' folder therefore there is some data missing. The forum is back online now, however, there is an immediate problem:

The users' custom avatars are missing, and I don't have the uploads folder in which they were in to restore them. Can I set them all to default somehow so at least there isn't a broken image icon across the website?

• 5 months later...
On 3/4/2017 at 3:39 PM, Jam Man said:

I've recently had a difficult time moving my site to a new domain - there was a lot of transferring of files, overwriting etc which was done in error. I have a partial 'uploads' folder therefore there is some data missing. The forum is back online now, however, there is an immediate problem:

The users' custom avatars are missing, and I don't have the uploads folder in which they were in to restore them. Can I set them all to default somehow so at least there isn't a broken image icon across the website?

Looking for the same solution myself. Helping someone who lost some data and avatars was included.

Archived