Your registration is complete!

Hi,  Our Forum is still not live - trying to work it out first.  Just upgraded to v4. Couldn't find it in v3 can't find it in v4.  Have registrations set to Admin has to approve first (no validation email to new member).

So what I want to do is change the wording to the automated email when you approve a member in CPanel.  At the moment it reads: "Your registration request has been approved at {forum}.  You can now sign in with the password you chose when signing up."

I've tried googling, searching the forum but either there isn't or I'm not wording my search correctly but it's doing my head in.

Is there a way to change the wording on approval/rejection emails?  I would have thought so.

Also, when responding if you could pretty please dumb it riiigghhhttt down :D as am total newbie and do not have an IT background - just trying to muddle our way through.  I just got the hang of vBulletin but we really needed to change from that.

Many thanks

Okay - typically it pops up as soon as I post - I found the section {customization-Appearance-emails with "Registration completed confirmation" and it has this

{$email->language->addToStack("email_reg_complete", FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\Settings::i()->board_name ) ) )}

{$email->language->addToStack("email_go_to_site", FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\Settings::i()->board_name ) ) )}: {setting="base_url"}

-- {setting="board_name"}

So i'm assuming I may have to change the wording in "email_reg_complete" but this again poses another problem of where is that :D. 

Thanks anyone who may be able to help.

lol - every time... EVERY TIME I post in any forum a question I end up working it out.  I've been looking for HOURS.. I post and I've found it all within about 20 minutes.

Thank you for your time everyone

• 4 months later...

I did that. The file looks like that:

{$email->language->addToStack("email_reg_complete", FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\Settings::i()->board_name ) ) )}

<br />
<br />
<a href='{setting="base_url"}' style="color: #ffffff; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; font-size: 12px; background: {setting="email_color"}; line-height: 32px; padding: 0 10px; display: inline-block; border-radius: 3px;">{$email->language->addToStack("email_go_to_site", FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\Settings::i()->board_name ) ) )}</a>

<br /><br />
<em style='color: #8c8c8c'>— {setting="board_name"}</em>

But where is the actual text of the email sent?

• 10 months later...

Archived