Uploaded images on my server or on members hosted site?

nwachatter

What's the general consensus? I have my new IPS 4.3 site on my own server with my own license. I think that if I have any member upload their images to my site/server, it will fill up to capacity quickly, correct? Is it best to not allow members to upload directly and have them upload using only the image url or where their images are being hosted like shutterfly? Does this new software allow you to limit the size of uploaded images or does it auto resize? Your thoughts...Thanks

My thoughts...

You should not run out of space from uploaded images unless your server storage is severely limited.  

If you force users to upload images elsewhere and link to those images, after a while, you are going to end up with a lot of broken images. 

I would just set a reasonable maximum upload size (such as 3-5mb) and store them on your own server.

Is there a way to limit the uploaded size of images to stay on the smaller size? Just in case someone uploads a huge size image, it can automatically be resized down.

My thoughts: I would just set a reasonable maximum upload size (such as 3-5mb) and store them on your own server.

Archived