Suggestion - Setting change for anonymous login

chilihead

In vB I was able to make admins invisible. If I force admins to be invisible on IPB I also have to have anonymous login enabled for everyone. Please make it so the "force" overrides this setting, so it can be off globally while maintaining usergroup control. Thank you!

In vB I was able to make admins invisible. If I force admins to be invisible on IPB I also have to have anonymous login enabled for everyone. Please make it so the "force" overrides this setting, so it can be off globally while maintaining usergroup control. Thank you!

It's not like that already? :blink: If it's not doing it, I'd report it as a bug because to me, it makes sense that it should make them anonymous if that's the group setting.

I reported it as a bug and was told it is functioning as designed. In order for the "force" setting to work, anonymous login has to be enabled which allows anyone to log in anonymously.

Tracker post: http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-23384-force-this-group-to-be-anonymous-not-working/

Well, hose me down and call me wet. I'll be darned.

Okay well I'm in favor of this because I like the idea of being able to prevent others from logging in anonymously.

Let's take it a step further though. Per group, anonymous option as "disabled" "enabled" "forced", with the core setting being the master switch as it is now.

I agree it should be a per group setting and I honestly thought it was until now.

It's "per group" as far as forcing those members to be anonymous when logged in, but the setting to disable anonymous logins apparently overrides it.

This is exactly why I thought it was a bug. It makes no sense. I still think it could be a bug, how did it work before? I am new to IP.

Before 3.0, there wasn't even a per group setting. So I guess it's working the same way now that it did when 3.0.0 first came out. I never tried to disable anonymous, only set my group to be forced anonymous.

Archived