[IPB 2.3.4] Mime Type's are making me craaaaaazy

Schot

Well I've tried and tried and tried.... I've chanted dozens of mantras yet all my efforts are to no avail.

What I'm wanting to do is to allow my members to upload and download their game save files which end with a .sacred2chest. As an example the whole name would be chest.sacred2chest. Here's what I did in the hopes of being able to upload/download the file:

• In AdminCP
    index.php?app=core&module=attach&section
  • In Cpanel
  • Added the same Mime Type settings for sacred2chest
  • Enabled a forum and some user groups to have upload/download permissions.
  • Uploaded a test game file which completed
  • Attempted to download file and recieved below error:

Edit: I noticed that the image icon I made for the mime type does not show when adding the file attachment to my post.

I do know that the file(s) is being uploaded though it seems that my IPB is altering the file name to an .ipb extension. I can only assume that the renaming of the file is rendering the file unrecognizable by the mime type function that needs to handle the file to the browser. I do see that other files such as image files, txt files and zip files are handled properly so in general my uploads/downloads are working... but I reeeeeaally want this custom mime type to work! I know I could ask members to place game files in Zips but this mission has now become an obsession so it's either seek therapy for which I can not afford or beg for help. I can beg.

Pleeeeeeeeeaase!

P.s.
Or at the very least grant me the satisfaction of understanding the problem. Have mercy!

Please refer to the note at the top of the page:

Do you need technical support?

You can obtain support via the client area, or you can try to obtain peer-to-peer support at IPS Resources.

This forum is not for support type issues, support is only offered to those with an active support license. Since you are in the Members group, and not the Active Customers group, it appears that you do not have an active support license. If this is not the case, be sure to log into the forums here with the same username/password that you login to the Client Center with; that will update your account here and allow you to post in the peer-to-peer forums.

If you have any other questions about your account, you can email accounts@invisionpower.com.

Archived