Download: Links System 3.1.1

Brandon D

File Name: Links System 3.1.1
File Submitter: Brandon D
File Submitted: 10 Jun 2009
File Category: Applications

Links System 3.1 is the first version of the popular Links System 3.0 for IP.Board 3.0. In addition to being a compatibility release, Links System 3.1 includes several enhancements and offers a high level of integration with IP.Board 3.0.

• Submit links to websites along with a title, description, and an image.
  • Comment on and rate submitted links
  • Ability for users to report potentially offensive content or broken links using the built-in Report Center
  • Search integration: search links along with the rest of your board's content
  • Supports item marking, allowing your users to see what links have been added or commented on
  • Integrates into "View New Content" and "View Active Content"
  • Drag & drop reordering of categories in the ACP
  • Ability to specify which categories, if any, allow image submissions with it's links
  • Provide "link back" images and code so other websites can link back to yours
  • Mark links as official affiliates and display them in a different section on the links index
  • Group permissions allowing you to specify who can add links, moderate links, add comments, search links, and more
  • Specify which BBCodes are allowed in the link descriptions and their comments, and whether emoticons are allowed
  • Multi moderation: Mass move, approve/unapprove, pin/unpin links
  • Sphinx search supported
  • Much, much, more...

If you used Links System 3.0 on an IPB 2.x install you will find an additional upgrade application that will prepare your old install for Links System 3.1. Within the download you will find a "readme.txt" file. Please open this up for instructions on how to either install a fresh copy of Links System 3.1 or how to upgrade your old 3.0 install to 3.1.

Click here to download this file
  • 3 weeks later...

Brandon, cool mod which appears to install & work fine on my new IPB v3.0x until I start adding group permissions that allow people to actually use the system and add links then I get the following:

Is this a permissions issue or do you have any suggestions cos I'm feeling like a complete muppet looking at this?

Many thanks

Mick

Fatal error: Call to a member function linksSystemHome() on a non-object in /xxx/xxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxx/xxx/admin/applications_addon/other/links/modules_public/links/categories.php on line 266

Line 266 is as follows:

$this->output = $this->registry->output->getTemplate( 'links' )->linksSystemHome( $this->links->getMessages( TRUE ), $theStuffWeWant, $affData, $randomLink, $stats, $activeUsers, $linkback );

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived