When we released IP.SEO 1.0, we said that we were going to start small and regularly update with new features based on user feedback and SEO trends. We've been staggered by the response to the first release, and have read all of the feedback topics posted so far. So in the spirit of those regular updates, we're now releasing IP.SEO 1.1 to cover some of the most requested features.
Here's what's new in today's release:
- Sitemap pings added for Ask and Moreover, to add to the existing pings to Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- XML-RPC ping support for services such as pingomatic.com, weblogs.com, blo.gs, etc. when new topics are posted. This will help you build up a few quick backlinks, and speed up the time-to-indexing of new topics.
- Select a default skin specifically for guests and thus also for search engines, allowing you to cut out features that you don't feel are appropriate for guest/spider visitors.
- Beta support for Microsoft SQL server.
- For developers, a new base class for sitemap plugins. Example code for this and other features has been posted in the contributors forum.
This is just the first of many regular updates to IP.SEO, so please keep your feedback coming. We encourage you all to post your thoughts and ideas in the IP.SEO forum.