forums.aaca.org - entire topic gone missing

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Topic has gone missing.

https://forums.aaca.org/forum/107-period-photos-pre-wwii/

Title of topic was:  "period photos to relieve the stress"

Original poster didnt delete it

its not on the moderatorsCP - Deleted Content

It was the most popular topic on the forums with over 20,000 responses.

Now what?  (Critical)

• Forum hosted by IPS
  • Generic Template
  • 2 plugins. (see image)

Could contain: Page, Text, File

• Solution

How easy this is will depend on your configuration settings.  

ACP > System > Settings > Posting

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Measurements, Page, Text

If it's set to "Immediately" or to a day prior to the 31st, the only way to recover it is to have IPB 100% restore your site to a date prior to the deletion.  Meaning you would lose all posts/activity that happened since the restore was done.  

If your settings are configured not to permanently delete content prior to that point, you can restore it from the ModCP.

Could contain: Page, Text

3 minutes ago, peter gariepy said:

I see it. but freaked out it's deleted 6 times.  I'm 100% sure I didnt delete it once, let along 6 times.

Can you restore and make sure its all there?

Could contain: Page, Text

You can restore it yourself.  🙂  Click the checkbox to the right and choose restore.  

You would want to restore all variations of those there. 

I'm afraid, the upgrade would not delete a topic in this manner. This would have been from your interaction with specifically deleting the topic or a third party application/plugin. 

I would first try restoring all the items in the ModCP there and then review the topic, if that does not resolve it, we would need to explore paid restoration options here as the free weekly backup would not contain the undeleted topic by those timestamps.

11 hours ago, TDBF said:

No, it's a bug which I reported a little while back.

^ this 🙂

11 hours ago, Jim M said:

You would want to restore all variations of those there. 

I'm afraid, the upgrade would not delete a topic in this manner. This would have been from your interaction with specifically deleting the topic or a third party application/plugin. 

I would first try restoring all the items in the ModCP there and then review the topic, if that does not resolve it, we would need to explore paid restoration options here as the free weekly backup would not contain the undeleted topic by those timestamps.

Its worth noting also, you are asking if  the topic can be restored. Unless its been soft deleted and exists in the mod CP, the answer there would be no. We can restore the whole database, but not an individual topic. So you would lose everything back to the point of that database backup

11 hours ago, TDBF said:

No, it's a bug which I reported a little while back.

I can certainly see its a bug there, as it shouldnt have reported more than once. But Im unable to replicate this. You mention you reported it? Could you let me know where, and how you were able to replicate it reporting multiple times?

4 hours ago, Marc said:

I can certainly see its a bug there, as it shouldnt have reported more than once. But Im unable to replicate this. You mention you reported it? Could you let me know where, and how you were able to replicate it reporting multiple times?

Hi Marc,

This is the bug report here for this issue:

19 minutes ago, TDBF said:

Hi Marc,

This is the bug report here for this issue:

Got ya. Thank you for that.

18 hours ago, peter gariepy said:

Why deleted 6 times? All I’m a minute?

do I need to restore it six times?

Need to note, this bug means "delete permenantly" was clicked from the mod CP, so this looks very intentional. If you are 100% sure you havent done this, I would suggest changing your password and ensuring you are using 2 factor authentication (especially for staff) on your site

FYI: the IP addresses listed are all me.

I swear I didnt touch that topic. (sigh)

I did change my login.  (although it doesnt appear based on the IP that i was hacked)

Nor does it make sense that someone would target that specific topic.

A mystery.