Bulk deleting members

So I am out luck?

Just like that.

6 years down the drain?

Because there is no way on earth to delete guest posts?

Am I reading the reply correctly, that I am on my own here.

Unsure how this can be out of scope when it is an Inivison induced issue. 

And the fix is actually very straight forward as most of the functionality is there to do it.

All I am asking is for my query to be sent to an actual developer, I understand not all of you are devs, so talking about SQL seems frightening, it really isn't.

• Management

We are happy to keep providing support. What you are asking us to do is provide additional development focused work to fix an issue with your community. It is not part of our support offering, but you can engage the services of our third party developers.

The feature you need does not exist in Invision Community at this time. It's something we can consider in a future release.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Platinumwealth.co.za said:

So I am out luck?

Just like that.

6 years down the drain?

Because there is no way on earth to delete guest posts?

Am I reading the reply correctly, that I am on my own here.

Unsure how this can be out of scope when it is an Inivison induced issue. 

And the fix is actually very straight forward as most of the functionality is there to do it.

All I am asking is for my query to be sent to an actual developer, I understand not all of you are devs, so talking about SQL seems frightening, it really isn't.

have you tried using the delete/move content post options that shows when you click on a forum in the acp

For content that matches all of the following conditions...

admin/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=forums&do=massManageContent&id=1

without knowing your setup not sure if it helps

but if your 'guest' posts are filterable - you could then move then to a temp forum then delete all when checked ?

Edited by sound

I feel a lot of sympathy for you as a fellow client, because many of us were hit with massive spam waves. Like nonstop spam for several weeks.  

Some thoughts: 

1. In the future, if you ever see this new incoming spam, use the Word Filter feature.  For example, you can add a keyword like QuickBooks, which will hold any new content that contains QuickBooks in moderator queue, while you adjust your registration and captcha settings.  

2. I know this is now after the fact.  If your site really is totally overrun from a certain point, at least on the front end your moderator permissions should allow you to delete an entire page of topics. That's 25 topics at a time.  

Click on Select Rows > All.  

One other thing you can do is change the # of topics to 50 or 100! In the ACP > Forums, go to Forum Settings and change "Topics per Page."  So now you're deleting 100 topics at a time! 

You'll still be clicking a lot, but hopefully this might make it a tad easier.