Home page nearly 50mb... Suggestions to make smaller?

I use my home page to pull info from different sections of the site. Currently my home page alone is almost 50mb when loading. I know the theme has a lot to do with it, but what steps can I take to lower the size of the page?  I guess using jpg images instead of png would be one thing I could do to help.

What else can I do? 

vpuniverse.com is the domain.

2 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

I wanna see too!

Convert your pngs to Webp would help.

Currently offline as I'm exceeding the allowed number of SQL connections and working wtih my host to see how to fix it. The site averages 250-500 users online at almost any given time.

Is there a tool or something that would automatically convert images?

Just now, Dazz said:

vpuniverse.com is the domain.

Currently offline as I'm exceeding the allowed number of SQL connections and working wtih my host to see how to fix it. The site averages 250-500 users online at almost any given time.

Is there a tool or something that would automatically convert images?

No, you'd have to do it manually because you'll need to update the template for each file name extension change.  I like irfanview for batch conversion of images.  Download all your big images into a directory and then run them through batch conversion and put them back into your template.

Run the site through something like webpagetest to identify the files that are too large. 

Chances are, there are also just too many images in general. Image compression will only reduce a certain percentage of the file size. Even with that, your homepage will still be way too heavy. 

29 minutes ago, opentype said:

Run the site through something like webpagetest to identify the files that are too large. 

Chances are, there are also just too many images in general. Image compression will only reduce a certain percentage of the file size. Even with that, your homepage will still be way too heavy. 

I'm actually using some of your Superpages and other apps.