Embedding community Sign In/Sign Up on my website

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

• Solution

If you have Pages, you can create an block for signup, and then make it an external block.

ACP > Pages > Page Management > Blocks

• Create a new block
  • Type: Plugin
  • Plugin: Guest Signup Widget

The details tab is more for you to find info about it later in the ACP.  The feed confirmation tab will control the default text title and body.image.thumb.png.e6a51bb2252373692ce0f76a00f6dab5.png

Once you've saved it, go back to the main block list...  click the arrow next to the block name and choose "External embed".

image.thumb.png.ac713dc34aa6605e4826c0ec69451e98.png

When you click it, you'll get two pieces of code you'll need to embed.  One into the page header which will control loading of JS and style info (this is item #2 in the screenshot below) and the other wherever you want the widget itself to appear (item #1 in the screenshot below).  

image.thumb.png.cbfc8b231c0ebc2e0e9f0e027d551891.png

For sign on...  just make a hyperlink to YOURDOMAIN.COM/login and style it in whatever way you want.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

4 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

If you have Pages, you can create an block for signup, and then make it an external block.

ACP > Pages > Page Management > Blocks

• Create a new block
  • Type: Plugin
  • Plugin: Guest Signup Widget

The details tab is more for you to find info about it later in the ACP.  The feed confirmation tab will control the default text title and body.image.thumb.png.e6a51bb2252373692ce0f76a00f6dab5.png

Once you've saved it, go back to the main block list...  click the arrow next to the block name and choose "External embed".

image.thumb.png.ac713dc34aa6605e4826c0ec69451e98.png

When you click it, you'll get two pieces of code you'll need to embed.  One into the page header which will control loading of JS and style info (this is item #2 in the screenshot below) and the other wherever you want the widget itself to appear (item #1 in the screenshot below).  

image.thumb.png.cbfc8b231c0ebc2e0e9f0e027d551891.png

For sign on...  just make a hyperlink to YOURDOMAIN.COM/login and style it in whatever way you want.  

Thank you Randy, I tried that but it shows this...

789716960_Capturadepantalla2022-02-21ala(s)6_18_17a.m..thumb.png.a7d7c617d0a48f4aebb41a33d2363009.png

I am pasting the script code in the head of the page and the code to be embeded in the place I want it. And it shows this. Is there some sort of permision that needs to be enabled?

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Check your CSS code where you placed it. It’s possible you have a fixed height where it can’t use more than that amount of space. 

I did, code blocks don't have a fixed height. Can I establish height in code?

<div id='block_ID' data-blockID='guest-sign-up' class='ipsExternalWidget' data-inheritStyle='true'></div>

Currently, there is a Content Security Policy on the website preventing the iframe from redirecting to the social media login. Regardless of the CSP on your main website, this may be an oversight on our end allowing this block to be embeded as it functions like a form in the iframe rather than a button. I have added this to our internal tracker to be reviewed.

20 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Currently, there is a Content Security Policy on the website preventing the iframe from redirecting to the social media login. Regardless of the CSP on your main website, this may be an oversight on our end allowing this block to be embeded as it functions like a form in the iframe rather than a button. I have added this to our internal tracker to be reviewed.

I agree, we just need the sign in, sign up button, not the social log in links.

• 5 months later...